Author Topic: Is remote de-iceing still works on P3d  (Read 686 times)

teli

Is remote de-iceing still works on P3d
« on: January 30, 2023, 02:03:58 am »
Hello,
Does remote de-iceing still work with P3D? At my place, after the last update, it does not work - I do not have the option to select this option in the menu, as it was in the first update right after the information about the addition of this feature. Maybe I am doing something wrong that it is not working now. Today I tried to call on EPWA because the temperature -1 light precipitation, but unfortunately there is no choice in the menu.
We have winter in central Europe and this function is on time 😉.
Please let me know very much.
I use P3d v45 (no hf3).

Grzegorz Pawlik

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
Re: Is remote de-iceing still works on P3d
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 12:48:50 pm »
Logs?
TheCaptain3618

teli

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2023, 11:59:01 am »
Hello,
I think I was doing the procedure wrong though. Approaching the position where I wanted to perform de-iceing and stopping the aircraft and applying the parking brake, this option is not available. I did the same thing when pulling up to the stand and as the aircraft was still in motion, I was able to select the request for de-iceing at that point. After stopping, vehicles pulled up and the whole procedure began.

Grzegorz Pawlik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 12:03:34 pm »
Remote deicing works in P3D, if you don't see the option it's because:

- You are not outside a parking spot. This should be easy to verify, because the GSX menu will show a different menu if you are in or out a parking: the services menus or the parking selection menu.

- If you see the parking selection menu, but you don't have the option to request Deicing, it's because icing conditions haven't been detected. The latest version that is out since last week has icing always detected provided the temperature is below +4°C

You don't have to set parking brakes either, it's up to you. As long you are outside a parking and icing conditions are detected, you'll always have the option to deice. Of course, trying to do that while in motion might not be a very good idea.

teli

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 05:22:29 pm »
Thank You Sia,

Only when I stop the plane and select the menu I get the message: you must stop the engines to request ground service. If I am still in motion and display the menu, the option is available. I have done now that a moment before the stopping point, I display the menu and after stopping the option works. It is good that everything works 😉.
Thank you for adding this option and not forgetting P3D users 😁👏

Grzegorz Pawlik

capt_pero

• aviation.pero-online.de
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2023, 05:57:34 am »
I made a small video (german) which shows the De-Icing on De-Icing Pad in EDDS (Stuttgart). Works great!

eature=share&t=1848
: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG & Homecockpit Builder