Author Topic: FSDT PoI Installation and Registration Problems  (Read 1488 times)

Hobi

FSDT PoI Installation and Registration Problems
« on: January 27, 2023, 10:14:07 pm »
Hello, I purchased this from pcaviator.com and am having issues with installation and registration.  I bought it as FS Discover doesn't work with FSX Steam edition. I'm using FSX Steam, Windows 11 PC, RTX3060 video card

When trying to install, I get a message "No Internet Connection Available, please press next to use local bglmanx files, GSX not installed", when I'm definitely connected to the Internet.

It then seemed to install, but when I enter the product publisher, product and serial number - many times, and very carefully, the "Manage Add Ons" screen still says I'm using the trial version.  I won't attach the screenshot which shows the serial number, as it would then become public but I can email if that would help. The serial number ends with NKD9.

Your advice and assistance to help me with these issues would be appreciated.

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 04:24:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT PoI Installation and Registration Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 04:28:49 pm »
Hello, I purchased this from pcaviator.com and am having issues with installation and registration. 

PC Aviator usually have outdated versions of our installers, even if we always insist to not host files and, instead, just post a link to our site, where the installer can always be freely downloaded at any time.

So, before proceeding any further, be sure you are installing using an installer downloaded from our site. If your existing installation was made using an old installer, Uninstall it and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?"

After your removed the old version, proceed with one downloaded from our site, and be sure you configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

If you still have issues after doing this, download the FSDT Universal Installer, and use it to UPDATE all FSDT products you have. If still doesn't work, restart Windows and try again.

Hobi

Re: FSDT PoI Installation and Registration Problems
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 11:02:37 pm »
Thank you for your reply

I posted a Part Two to this question after not receiving a reply to this post, in which I updated the issues - for some reason, that post has disappeared after several days.

I downloaded the product from your website, used the FSDT universal installer from your website and it accepted the product key.

However, when I start FSX and click the Add On Manager tab, the Add On Manager screen  still says PoI is running "Trial Mode". When I try to enter the serial number on that page, I get a dialogue box saying "Couatl scripting engine not starting" and a message to check my anti-virus exclusions. I also tried using FSDT Live Update to fix any issue but that didn't work either.

I made sure to un-install any of the old software.

I checked this Forum and made sure that I have the whole "FS Add On" Manager selected in my Anti-Virus program (Kaspersky). I only have the one FSDT product installed.

Thank you

Geoff
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 11:04:17 pm by Hobi »