Author Topic: Standalone  (Read 528 times)

monarch547

Standalone
« on: January 22, 2023, 11:48:26 pm »
Ever since GSX Pro as been introduced,there is error after error after error with GSX P3D
I,along with others,paid good money for this add-on, over £28 for the GSX LEVEL 2 EXPANSION FSX P3D way back in 2018.
It was one of the best addons around bringing a bit a bit of reality to the sim.
However ,now its just a waste.Every time there is an update something goes awry.
What are the updates? GSX Pro,GSX Pro,GSX Pro,GSX Pro. I understand there is another sim out there,and FSDT is a business.Therefoe i know why you are going there.
But please don't neglect your past customers
I am very dissappointed.
Please,please,please,all i ask for is a Standalone Installer/Updater for P3D ONLY

LukeK

Re: Standalone
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 12:07:13 am »
Ever since GSX Pro as been introduced,there is error after error after error with GSX P3D

Hyperbole. Apart from the odd floating gates and inconsistently asking if I want to board crew (and not setting the LVAR), GSX works on P3D. I think there's a thread safety issue and some variables getting randomly overwritten, but it's perfectly usable.

I'm impressed with Umberto continuing to provide support. Most payware authors abandon their forums, and I understand why.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Standalone
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 05:39:57 pm »
But please don't neglect your past customers

It's PRECISELY because we are NOT "neglecting" past customers that we are still having some issues, which will obviously all fixed in time, because we wanted to share as much as code possible from the  MSFS version, which is the only chance to still continue to support P3D.

Case in point: the new Remote Deicing we just released, works in P3D, with the only exception of the visual guidance system, which is not really fundamental for operations.

Yes, doing what you asked, and offering a separate installer for P3D, might have fixed some bugs but, it would result exactly what you are fearing it might happen ( and it did happen with lots of other products ): a P3D version frozen in time as of June 2022, with no updates ever coming so no, we are taking the more risky approach and it's precisely because we WANT to continue to support the FSX/P3D version, even if almost nobody is buying anything for FSX/P3D anymore now.