Author Topic: explorer.exe crashes when trying to go in FS9 folders  (Read 5705 times)

antoine.

explorer.exe crashes when trying to go in FS9 folders
« on: March 19, 2010, 04:31:01 am »
Hi,

I recently installed windows 7 on my laptop, so wanted to reinstall fs9 and all the other stuff.
I just installed jfk scenery, and everything works good but when I try to reach fs9 folder (D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9) I've got a message saying that explorer.exe has stopped working. The game still work, and everything worked fine in it, managed to activate my scenery. After I uninstall JFK, they where no problem anymore. Tried reinstalling jfk,the problem comes again. Any idea?

Regards,
Antoine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: explorer.exe crashes when trying to go in FS9 folders
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 09:59:00 am »
Most likely, your antivirus is wrongly identifying something as a virus ( our bglman.dll, probably ), and is also crashing explorer trying to "fix it", maybe because it's trying to write in a folder ( Program Files ) that Win7 doesn't grant access to.

Try to exclude the whole FS9 folder, or at least the MODULES folder from scanning.

antoine.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 06:53:49 pm »
Hello,

I just tried that, doesn't change anything  :-\

antoine.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 07:29:25 pm »
I just tried to install cloud9 ams scenery. It does the same thing, so probably a problem with the addon manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 07:29:37 pm »
I'm sorry, but you are the first one ever reporting this problem and, if it's not the antivirus, we don't have the slightest idea what might be. As I've said, an antivirus is one thing that might be causing this, although nobody else reported it before.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 07:31:07 pm »
The Addon Manager doesn't have any problems in Windows 7.

However, as instructed on the Cloud9 download page, if you install a Cloud9 product that doesn't have an FSDT installer, you need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FS9 AFTER the Cloud9 program, otherwise you might get an old version.