Author Topic: I messed up something. Gate issues  (Read 1758 times)

Pirateinparadise

I messed up something. Gate issues
« on: January 19, 2023, 02:03:35 pm »
No idea how I got here, but for some reason I have GSX gates at KCLT (which I'm okay with in concept as the GSX gates are much better) but they do not align with the scenery very well.

I excluded KCLT in the Installer config page by adding it to the lists to disable jetway and airport services. After running MSFS and exiting the sim, KCLT no longer appeared in the lists in the config page.

I removed and re-installed the airport but nothing has changed.

Do you have any idea how can get things back to normal?

There are no KCLT*.ini files in my C:\Users\Captain\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX\MSFS\ folder.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 02:53:32 pm by Pirateinparadise »
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I messed up something. Gate issues
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 06:30:44 pm »
No idea how I got here, but for some reason I have GSX gates at KCLT (which I'm okay with in concept as the GSX gates are much better) but they do not align with the scenery very well.

That's precisely why you are always supposed to exclude jetways if you have an add-on.

I excluded KCLT in the Installer config page by adding it to the lists to disable jetway and airport services. After running MSFS and exiting the sim, KCLT no longer appeared in the lists in the config page.

First, you shouldn't have done anything, because anytime you perform a GSX update, it will automatically exclude all jetway for any 3rd party airport you have an add-on for. Of course, for this to work, the airport must be installed and linked to the Community. If you install the airport later, you can exclude it manually.

From your screenshot, the only thing I see is that KCLT is not in the Disabled list, so it doesn't seem you ever disable it so, considering you see the GSX jetways, the only possible explanation is the airport is still in the Enabled list, meaning you didn't excluded it.

So, either type the ICAO manually, and move it from the Enabled to the Disabled list, or just click the "Exclude 3rd party" button, which will automatically search again for airports to exclude.

Pirateinparadise

Re: I messed up something. Gate issues
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 03:25:18 pm »
First, you shouldn't have done anything, because anytime you perform a GSX update, it will automatically exclude all jetway for any 3rd party airport you have an add-on for. Of course, for this to work, the airport must be installed and linked to the Community. If you install the airport later, you can exclude it manually.

From your screenshot, the only thing I see is that KCLT is not in the Disabled list, so it doesn't seem you ever disable it so, considering you see the GSX jetways, the only possible explanation is the airport is still in the Enabled list, meaning you didn't excluded it.

That was it. I must have ran the installer without having KCLT linked into the community folder, so it did not get excluded.

I use the add-on linker - except for GSX since I use it on every flight so that stays as you installed it.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.