Author Topic: LSO in multiplayer  (Read 3029 times)

Paco

LSO in multiplayer
« on: March 14, 2010, 02:29:28 pm »
All,

Below are some pics of the LSO setup during multiplayer last night.  With some help from Sludge I was able to figure out how to LSO and drive the tanker around.  Since the person hosting the session can't take gas from the KC-135 (don't ask me, ask the wonder genius Orion). 

The main window is the PLAT cam with crosshairs.  The GPS and A/P panel are used to navigate the tanker.  I didn't have those up initially and I drove the tanker way too far NE.  With these two windows I can sorta keep the tanker over the carrier.  Orion, it would help if you gave me a map of where/how the carrier moves.

The top left window is the active window and it's the LSO view.  By being active it allows me to look where ever by slewing the view.  This is handy for looking at the Cats, the 180, 90 and just general pattern management.  It helps if you set the labels correctly and put your modex on the label somehow.   

The top right area of the PLAT view is kept free since I want to see guys coming off the 90 onto final.  This is handy if a guy is tracking glideslope in the turn.  Sludge few an excellent pattern last night where he was on glidepath in the turn.

Anyway, there it is.  Hope it helps.

Paco