Author Topic: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack  (Read 68594 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: FSX F/A18 custom sound pack
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2010, 07:21:56 pm »
What's the full functionality of the Auto L. Lights button on your Touchpad?  Is it similar to the gauge you gave me earlier that shuts off the landing light upon gear up?  Is that now a selectable option w/the Touchpad?  Actually, can you list the functions and how to's of all the Touchpad functions, please

When Auto landing light is on, the landing light automatically turns on when the nose gear is extended. When it's off (by deafult), the landing light is controlled manually. Have seen many Hornet videos with l/lights on, even doing FCLPs. That's why I decided to add this feature...  :) Just click the button to toggle it on/off.

The touchpad functions almost like the Superbug's UFCD. Click on BARO or RADAR, then click number buttons and then click ENT. Or you can click numbers first, then click on one of that altitude buttons and then click ENT. CLR button clears all input. You can't enter wrong figures. Even if you enter 78300 for BARO, 25000 will be set, as per NATOPS.

And finally, the fuel gauge is added for your convenience when doing carrier ops. Currently it has no action, just a view gauge.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2010, 11:28:43 pm »
FNP said: "Have seen many Hornet videos with l/lights on, even doing FCLPs." Do you mean FSX videos or realworld videos? If RW videos do you have a link please? TAH.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2010, 07:05:35 am »
Sure, I mean IRL videos. You can go to youtube, search for 'El Centro Hornets' and you'll have plenty of links like these:

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2010, 12:06:59 am »
FSXNP...

I think those are press corps Touch and Go's and not graded FCLPs?  I dont think a real life LSO would want the landing light on, but I still think its good to have the gauge so that you have the option to turn it on, say if youre landing at a civilian facility or landing without FCLP/LSO guidance.

Oh yeah, and do you have the panel entries that youve figured out for the Touchpad Gauge?

Later
Sludge

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2010, 09:59:07 am »
Here's the release version of my gauges. Feel free to report any problems/suggestions. And have fun!  ;D

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 11:59:35 am by fsxnavypilot »

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2010, 02:00:21 pm »
fsxNP, great demo video. I reckon I'll be turning down the sound for the sound though. 'Power, Power, Power' - I would go low and slow just to hear that voice.  ;D  Having the approach lights is a great innovation. Thanks again.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2010, 07:38:51 pm »
FSXNP...

Only problem so far with the new gauges and setup is Im getting the male voice for Dont Sink when my sink rate gets into around -100 fpm or falling.  And once JR comes out with his gauge, if you can incorporate it into yours, he said yesterday on Skype he has no problem with you putting a pushbutton on your gauge that brings his up.  If its not that hard, I would say simply have the final open pushbutton say "Refuel Panel", and when you click it, it opens/closes his refuelling gauge.  That way, little to none of his gauge is altered, but you get the ability to keep your gauge up similar to a real UFC.  Plus, from what JR told me, in 2D, you cannot see the progress like you do on the VC HUD, so having your UFC Touchpad up with the fuel would really solve that problem.

BTW, have you seen his refuelling gauge video?  Cheeze and f-in Rice, that new refuelling gauge is nice.

Later
Sludge

wilycoyote4

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2010, 09:58:33 pm »
Many thanks FSXNP will try it as soon as I can.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2010, 07:23:25 am »
...Im getting the male voice for Dont Sink when my sink rate gets into around -100 fpm or falling.

The male voice comes from the FSX sound folder and is used by default, unless you've set other voice to this event via your A/C sound.cfg or disabled GPWS warnings in the aircraft.cfg. I suppose the latter is your case.

... in 2D, you cannot see the progress like you do on the VC HUD...

Really? I switched to 2D and still got FUEL 95% message across the screen.

And here's a version of my gauge with the refuel probe control. Just replace the .cab in the Panel folder. Pressing REFUEL PROBE button now toggles both the refuel probe and the JR's refuel gauge. Happy refueling!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:58:47 am by fsxnavypilot »

wilycoyote4

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2010, 09:16:29 am »
thanks again, have it working, need some practice and greater understanding on my part but I say it's great.

I can find the aircraft used as a tanker but now for practice.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2010, 05:40:27 pm »
FSXNP...

Great fix!!  Love how JR's Refuelling gauge and refuel probe activate are now selectable.  Make me have to move my head around less.  Knew it could be done...  And thanks to JR for another great add-on as well.

BTW, here's my panel file from the Sludge_Basic.  Youll notice how your TouchPad gauge is incorporated, it already has an Indexer and your TouchPad up on the 2D HUD view.  They are positioned low and left/right side of the HUD symbology for easy use.  Ive done several sets of carrier patterns, using the correct methodology (150 in the pattern "not on-speed" to maintain pattern spacing/integrity, only getting on-speed/yellow donut "at the 90"), and using your gauge for a ball call, the new process WORKS LIKE A CHAMP!!

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:46:42 pm by Sludge »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2010, 06:32:12 pm »
Sludge,
Good to know that everything is fine.
Checked your panel.cfg - I'd suggest you to add to the [Vcockpit01] section another line: gauge16=BlackBox!F18_UFC_Init
This will ensure correct altitude warnings (this suggestion is in readme but you missed it somehow). And, which is most important, DO NOT change ident=10080 in [Window07] to anything else, because the touchpad uses this very ident to call JR's refueling gauge.

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2010, 10:43:18 pm »
Excellent stuff, guys! Hat's off to you all for these great enhancements!
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2010, 10:51:21 pm »
FSXNP...

Great catch.  Thats what happens when Im modding at 2-3am.  Miss the important things like that.  Will fix when I get the chance.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2010, 11:04:12 pm »
Additionally...

Tonite, Ill start work on the README.txt for the hybrid (KC-135 T1, T2, UVA packs) FSX-flyable KC-135 package that Im going to upload FlightSim.com server.  JR passed that idea to me, so more people can have access to the Navy Drogue on the KC-135 without the hassle and fight of sorting thru versions and having to combine them to make it FSX flyable.  I agree, and will get that done for others who might want the tanker for their ops or to jump into a multiplayer game with us.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:12:51 pm by Sludge »