Author Topic: Remote Control for GSX  (Read 5150 times)

Eziocin

Remote Control for GSX
« on: February 04, 2012, 10:02:32 am »
Hi,
is there a chance to control GSX in remote through a networked PC (such as AES, for instance), via Wide FS or Simconnect  ?
Thanks

Jackson

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Remote Control for GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 10:06:37 am »
We are thinking about this, but it's not in the current version.

ZANICHELLI

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:32:31 pm »
hello to all
y see some topic about the remote control to another pc,i whont to say that for cockpit builder is veri important to control all gsx operation from another pc.
please try to do all.
your project is very good and i think you can do much better.
thanks and regards

Eziocin

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 09:15:38 am »
Any update on this feature ? Do you have any short term plans to introduce it ?
Thanks

Jackson

Andrew737

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 10:06:51 am »
is there a chance to control GSX in remote through a networked PC

I would like the same so +1 here
Regards Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 10:12:50 am »
The next updates will cover: the docking system/marshaller graphical editor, then a graphical airplane config editor, and after that a couple of additional services (de-iciing, water, ground power), this should make the program reasonably complete, so we can then start adding an API for developers.

Eziocin

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »
Thanks,
IMHO there is a lot of people (including myself) that are still using "the competitor" just because it can be managed via remote but would be more than happy to move to GSX if it had the same feature...I really hope this will be included in one of your next updates ...!

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »
IMHO there is a lot of people (including myself) that are still using "the competitor" just because it can be managed via remote

There are people that might do this kind of reasoning, but I wouldn't say they are "a lot". First, because those needing remote control are already a minority in the first place.

And, of this minority, not all refuse to use GSX because of this, simply because they will still have to use GSX anyway, if the airport is not supported by AES and, having an airport working, even without being remotely controllable, it's surely better than having no supported airport at all.

However, note that I purposely used the term "API for developers", which will make possible to write a remote control application.

Never said anything about providing such application ourselves as part of GSX, with an API someone might use it to do a remote control application, someone else might use it to delegate GSX control to a virtual copilot, someone else might want something we don't even anticipated yet, there's no way we could support all kind of scenarios ourselves, we'd rather concentrate on GSX core functions, with the rest possibly be made by developers using a published API.

capt_pero

• aviation.pero-online.de
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2022, 07:09:47 pm »
I just released a new software which is able to control GSX via network.
And much more...

https://secure.simmarket.com/peter-rosendahl-peroloadsheet2hoppie-(de_17364).phtml
: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG & Homecockpit Builder