Author Topic: EDDF Frankfurt Cartanya VX files  (Read 1139 times)

Blaster254

EDDF Frankfurt Cartanya VX files
« on: December 06, 2022, 05:34:51 pm »
I hope you can help. I have tried to install the above files twice now. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the update has caused my jetways to disappear. I have followed the instructions. I suspect it's to do with the scenery files. If I could get some help. The below files are in the scenery folder. There did not appear to be an AFX bgl prior to installing your one

P3D4.5

Regards
Ryan
« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 10:46:39 pm by Blaster254 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: EDDF Frankfurt Cartanya VX files
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 12:18:55 pm »
Please check again after installing today's update, because we made big changes on P3D related to altitudes and jetways.

Blaster254

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 09:18:08 pm »
Will do buddy

Blaster254

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 09:43:02 pm »
So I ran the update. Now when loading P3D, it crashes straight to desktop and I can’t find the cause. This was straight after the update

Blaster254

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2022, 12:22:50 am »
Ok I’ve got it all back. I have no idea what happened there. However the Cartanya file is installed. I still have default CTRL-J jetways. I’ve tried the restart several times. Nothing. I do note that I have the new pushback markings now. So some of it has installed. But no SODE jetways

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2022, 11:20:54 am »
Ok I’ve got it all back. I have no idea what happened there. However the Cartanya file is installed. I still have default CTRL-J jetways. I’ve tried the restart several times. Nothing. I do note that I have the new pushback markings now. So some of it has installed. But no SODE jetways

Assuming the .BGL files supplied with the GSX profile are supposed to remove the default jetways, the only possible explanation is you haven't installed them in the correct folders. Does the profile comes with a readme ?

Blaster254

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2022, 07:20:47 pm »
Yes and I read it. So if you're sure its the BGL then there's an issue with it

Blaster254

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 07:57:52 pm »
OK i'm sure it is a conflicting CFG file. Would you mind having a quick look at this file and letting me know which CG is conflicting with the AFX-OPO7 file that comes with the Cartayna update

Blaster254

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2022, 01:22:20 pm »
All fixed! It was to do with the SODE JETWAY ADDON that comes with EDDF. I had forgotten about it and of course was in the wrong place. Apologies. All sorted

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2022, 06:00:47 pm »
All fixed! It was to do with the SODE JETWAY ADDON that comes with EDDF. I had forgotten about it and of course was in the wrong place. Apologies. All sorted

Yes, that's to be expected. SODE jetways cannot be excluded with an Exclude .BGL so, if you want to replace SODE jetways on a scenery that comes with them, you must remove their XML file from the SODE folder.

Blaster254

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2022, 08:35:53 pm »
Absolutely and noted for the future. Thank you for your reply