Author Topic: I often have to restart the coautl when arriving at an airport.  (Read 1864 times)

gianluk81

I often have to restart the coautl when arriving at an airport.
« on: December 05, 2022, 02:34:58 am »
Hello everyone,
unfortunately I'm noticing this very annoying thing about GSX, that is, when I start everything works, the menu opens, the various things work, but often, once I get to my destination, when I open the gsx menu, it stays in loading and I have to start manually the coautl program to get gsx working again. What can cause this thing? On the forum (that's why I asked a specific question here) I've read of people who have the problem that the coautl doesn't start and you always have to start it manually, but in my case everything goes fine, only that sometimes, when I get to my destination, I have to restart it manually i.

AirBorne

Re: I often have to restart the coautl when arriving at an airport.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2022, 02:59:11 am »
Often happens to me too. Now I'm also experimenting the menu screen won't keep up, it shows up but then immediately it closes (or gets hidden). I've already uninstalled and installed everything from scratch today, but it keeps happening.

gianluk81

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2022, 09:43:25 am »
Dunno... it's strange that it closes during the flight, usually many complain that it doesn't start at the beginning, but not at the end of a flight, and the equally strange thing is that it doesn't always do it, even if you always start the sim in the same way.

kakugo

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 01:48:25 pm »
It happens also to me almost all the time. I am almost never able to open the GSX menu after landing. Once or twice I could open it when approaching the destination and then choose the desired airport, but I haven't yet figured out what is required for it to work. Maybe to switch off the GSX button after the pushback?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2022, 04:29:11 pm »
Please clarify the following:

- If you have the SU10 Navdata option Enabled

- If the Couatl icon is still there on landing. Do not just look at it but, hover the mouse over it, to confirm it's really there, since Windows might not remove the icon after the program crashed if you don't hover the mouse over it.

Depending if the Couatl program exited/crashed or not, the troubleshooting is completely different. If it's still running, you can just use the "RESTART" option from the Couatl icon Tray bar menu, and it should fix the menu not loading at destination.

If, instead, it's not running anymore, just start it with the "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS" Icon on the Desktop upon landing.

kakugo

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 11:46:30 am »
In my case, I have the SU10 Navdata option enabled and the system tray Couatl icon is missing. I will enable the logging to see if the log file has any indication about why Couatl stopped (crashed?) at some point after the pushback.

golfcart22

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 07:37:19 pm »
I also have never once arrived at an airport and had GSXPro work.   Will follow this thread for answers.

Yes - I use the SU10 option,  menu just hangs. 

Tony

sidfadc

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 08:04:21 pm »
Using the NAV Data option BEFORE the Dec 2nd update - I got things pretty stable, meaning departures good, set my gate under 10k on approach and everything just worked.  Since the Dec 2nd update I find I have to manually restart coualt after landing.  Coualt is still running, even when I hover over icon it doesn't disappear.   Not the end of the world but feels like I'm constantly wrestling with GSX which does break the immersion factor somewhat - especially flying on VATSIM when its busy.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 10:21:43 pm »
Using the NAV Data option BEFORE the Dec 2nd update - I got things pretty stable, meaning departures good, set my gate under 10k on approach and everything just worked.  Since the Dec 2nd update I find I have to manually restart coualt after landing

That update should have fixed, or at least removed a cause for that, since one reason for the menu stopped was precisely the menu opening (when it shouldn't have) at the same time of giving the warning you couldn't use GSX above 10k feet, but now that doesn't exist anymore, it surely cannot be worse than before, the real cause must be something else, and your impression of a better stability before that update must be purely coincidental, possibly related to different routes used, meaning different data coming from Navdata, which is still something nobody else ever used before.

It might be useful to know if you find it to be any different/better/worse, by not using the Navdata.

Gerwil

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 12:02:51 am »
Like others, every flight for me Quatl quits during cruise. SU10 Navdata enabled. Might have something to do with going out of VR, the GSX window is open. Same the other way around from 2d to VR, again the GSX window is open.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:06:08 am by Gerwil »

golfcart22

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 03:28:02 pm »
Umberto,

Many of us have the same issue - will there be a fix soon ? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 03:59:02 pm »
Many of us have the same issue - will there be a fix soon ?

We don't know what's causing it and there are too many different reports so, even if the effect seems the same, the causes might be different. That's why I asked trying without the Navdata, to at least trying to isolate that case.

Entering/exiting VR is another issue, and it's known to have side-effect to Simconnect add-ons that lose connection, not just GSX.

IMatAMS

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 06:32:46 pm »
I've had this problem rarely before turning the SU10 navdata on. After I had it lots, or all the time. Since turning the SU10 navdata back off i've not had to restart in the 3 flights i've done since. 

dougjuk

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2022, 01:26:21 pm »
Just to try and help, I am new to GSX and am having this problem every flight.  Since reading this thread I now have checked and can see the couatl file does close after I take off, not sure when.  I followed the advice to setup the log file but I could not see anything useful in there other than it stopped doing what it was doing.

So now every flight I just start the coutl file on approach and things work fine.

I also use the navigraph nav date in my system.

hope this helps in some way.

regards

Doug

Gerwil

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2022, 03:31:48 pm »
Entering/exiting VR is another issue, and it's known to have side-effect to Simconnect add-ons that lose connection, not just GSX.

Its indeed another issue, unrelated to this problem. But GSX is the only toolbar item that does this. I have other custom toolbar items like Navigraph and a pdf viewer and these don't open automatically when switching between VR/2d