Author Topic: Simmarket Purchase Missing Jetways  (Read 1995 times)

VHEAA

Simmarket Purchase Missing Jetways
« on: December 01, 2022, 05:23:15 am »
I read through the updates about missing jetways from Zurich for those who purchased the product through the MSFS marketplace. However, I purchased my copy through simmarket. My sim is of course completely up to date, and the issue of missing jetways persists. Am I doing something wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Simmarket Purchase Missing Jetways
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 11:37:03 am »
Have you removed the Microsoft Zurich from the Content Manager ?

VHEAA

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 12:09:15 am »
Turns out I had the Asobo Zurich still installed. But when I went to remove it - no FSDreamteam scenery appeared. I re-downloaded using the installer. Nothing. I looked at the path to my community folder in the installer - seems right. Is there just some way I can install the scenery without the mandatory installer exe? I paid for this and it’s proving to be the most challenging scenery I’ve ever installed.

VHEAA

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2022, 12:12:18 am »
So yeah, if anyone can help me just get my hands on the actual scenery file so I can manually insert it into the community folder, that would be great. The 'installer' isn't living up to its name for some reason.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2022, 11:32:57 am »
I re-downloaded using the installer. Nothing.

It would have been helpful if you clarified what "nothing" means. Like no download, no uncompress, no linking, some error messages, etc. anything that might help understanding why the installer is not working.

So I'll try to make a guess: is your Community folder located on an external drive not formatted in NTFS ? Have a look here, it's in the GSX section, but of course is valid for all products installed with the FSDT Installer:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26874.0.html

That would result in a failure to create a Symbolic link to the Community folder, because Symbolic links requires a drive using the native Windows filesystem, that is NTFS.

VHEAA

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 11:05:36 pm »
I am doing my best to describe my issue using the support mechanism fsdt has created. Having charged people for your products I would think you’d be a little less critical of paying customers having legitimate issues with your products. Sorry that your customers are so unhelpful. Won’t bother you again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 11:11:58 pm »
I am doing my best to describe my issue using the support mechanism fsdt has created. Having charged people for your products I would think you’d be a little less critical of paying customers having legitimate issues with your products. Sorry that your customers are so unhelpful. Won’t bother you again.

Now, try just for a second to assume YOU are trying to support somebody with a problem, and the only description of it is "Nothing", how do you even START understanding what's going on, and what other choice you have, other than doing exactly what I did in YOUR best interest which was:

- Asking to provide more information, anything would be better than "nothing"

- Make a guess to what might be, using the limited ( = null ) information you provided.

VHEAA

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 11:31:28 pm »
I wrote a little more than the word ‘nothing’. I’m just saying, there’s no need to be rude to people who you’ve sold your products to.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 11:44:28 pm »
I wrote a little more than the word ‘nothing’.

You are reporting some problem that is supposedly happening in the installer, and wrote exactly this:

"I re-downloaded using the installer. Nothing"

The things you added are not related to the installer anymore, and you asked if you wanted to use something else other then the installer so how, exactly, is your description of what the program we are supposedly trying to troubleshoot ( "Nothing" ) is giving any information of what the supposed installer problem might be ?

I’m just saying, there’s no need to be rude to people who you’ve sold your products to.

The one who took your money, is struggling to help you despite the extremely limited information ( which you still haven't provided! ) you gave, at 23:43 in the night.

VHEAA

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 11:47:11 pm »
I’ll simply say it’s not the middle of the night everywhere on the planet. I think we’re done here. Best of luck to you and your company. I won’t make the mistake of purchasing from you in future.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 12:43:27 am »
I’ll simply say it’s not the middle of the night everywhere on the planet.

It's in the middle of the night HERE, where I work. And I AM working FOR YOU.

Are you saying because it's not the middle of the night for you, you are entitled to be supported in your own timezone ? 24/7 support is usually WAY more expensive that the pittance you paid for this product on sale.

Or, were you trying to say "I'm not supposed to know how time is it where you live but hey, now you said it IS the middle of the night for you, I must say I'm impressed with your dedication" ?

That's what a normal person would. See how easy is to appear "rude" without even realizing it ?

I think we’re done here. Best of luck to you and your company. I won’t make the mistake of purchasing from you in future.

Fortunately, not all customers are so adversary as you have been, as if you tried to prove a point, rather than being interested having your issue fixed.  I've asked Simmarket to issue a refund on your order.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:46:50 am by virtuali »