Author Topic: Honolulu fs9 runway texture issue  (Read 48097 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Honolulu fs9 runway texture issue
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2010, 01:27:14 pm »
Could this texture seam have anything to do with my texture issue?  It starts at the end of 8L and extends to the water.  Does anyone else have this seam?

They don't have anything to do with it. All our sceneries have some kind of seams, because they are mad in tiles and, as explained already in several other threads, FS9 doesn't allow enough precision to position vertexes so, there always be some kind of seam. However, this doesn't have anything to do with your problem which, instead, it's an altitude difference problem. We'll try to have a look at it, probably after Hawaii 2 is released.

Menemeth

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2010, 06:38:48 pm »
I guess we're screwed. I wish I knew what was causing this problem.  I reformatted my HD, added only XP SP3 and FS2004 FSDT PHNL, and I still have these problems. I have no other add-ons. I wonder if it's something with my hardware or the video drivers or XP? Then again, if it was, you would think it would show up with other sceneries.

I have that same problem as soon as I land on Rwy 04R, don't recall seeing it during taxiing or takeoff. I figured my FSGlobal 2010, or Ultimate Terrain was causing the issue, but not sure now.

kdfw

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2011, 02:18:28 am »
 I wish there was a solution for the bleeding r/w, entry way texture problem here.  Departing and doing a short circuit around PHNL doesn't seem to result in the problem, but once flying 'far' away (to a carrier way off the coast) and returning, airport texture gets reloaded and this is when the bleed thru is observed (unable to see taxi lines, 'circle around the plane' bleed thru). 

richard99

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2011, 10:15:14 am »
Hi everyone,
last night I landed for the very first time at Honolulu PHNL and had the same your problem. I experienced that when was approximately near the exit zone. All lines painted on the runway surface dissapeared when I passed over it, a boring effect indeed. No solutions there? Thanks bye.

P.S.: I use FS Genesis mesh with the Global Texture Max size to 100.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 10:36:43 am by richard99 »

Kelleymoe

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2011, 05:17:52 am »
I think we're all waiting for a fix.  Hopefully, the fix will be released once vol. 2 comes out.  In the mean time, I don't even waste my time landing at PHNL.  I have no problems taking off.

Mike Franks

Kelleymoe

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 03:12:25 am »
Umberto,

Thanks for publishing the 1.0.5 Patch.  Unfortunately, the problem didn't go away.  I installed the patch as directed.  My texture problem still happens, when landing, as soon as I get near the end of the runway (8L).  As I role down the runway the textures around my plane change and when I exit the runway (taxiway G) the markings around my plane disappear.  

The only improvement I did notice was the taxiway G markings only disappear until I get to taxiway N.  Before it lasted until I intersected taxiway A.  Also, when I taxi back to taxiway V, the texture issue doesn't reappear until I get near runway 8L.

Also, in the overview of 1.0.5 patch, you note "Custom very hires mesh (4.75 m/pixel) included, in order to prevent any possible problems with 3rd party meshes, like FS Genesis or FS Global 2010."  Where is this mesh located?  I don't see it.  I use FSG mesh for my FS9.

I didn't check the other runways.  I had the above problems with all the runways.  I appreciate you all trying to fix this annoying issue.  I have my mesh set to 100 and followed your install instructions.

Mike Franks
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 03:25:27 am by Kelleymoe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2011, 12:29:20 pm »
Also, in the overview of 1.0.5 patch, you note "Custom very hires mesh (4.75 m/pixel) included, in order to prevent any possible problems with 3rd party meshes, like FS Genesis or FS Global 2010."  Where is this mesh located?  I don't see it.

Sorry, there's none in FS9, the notes are wrong because were taken from the FSX version.

I use FSG mesh for my FS9.

The first obvious question: have you tried it disabling it ? At least we would KNOW if it's a mesh problem or not.

I didn't check the other runways.  I had the above problems with all the runways.  I appreciate you all trying to fix this annoying issue.  I have my mesh set to 100 and followed your install instructions.

I can only repeat and confirm we are unable to replicate the problem so, we are trying to fix something in the blind, specifically on FS9, since in FSX it was already solved with the previous patch, save for a small area, that was fixed with this patch, but that *was* replicable.

Kelleymoe

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2011, 01:07:29 pm »
Virtuali,

Since this is a new patch, I'll try again today without FSG Mesh.  In my previous PHNL install/patches, in order to figure out this problem, I tried them with a clean install of XP SP3 and FS2004.  The problem was still there and the only thing I had installed on FS2004 was PHNL.

I really appreciate you all trying.

Mike

Kelleymoe

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 01:00:16 am »
Virtuali,

I tried 1.0.5 without any FSG Mesh being installed.  It didn't make a difference.  I still have the texture issues.

Hopefully it'll be something simple when we figure it out.

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 09:51:52 am »
I tried 1.0.5 without any FSG Mesh being installed.  It didn't make a difference.  I still have the texture issues.

Is there a specific place where you see the problem, or it happens all the same across the whole airport ?

Are you sure you don't have another AFCAD for PHNL ?

Kelleymoe

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2011, 02:41:01 am »
Umberto,

The texture issues only happens when I get near or I'm on the runway.  Using 8L for an example, when landing, as soon as I get near the white stripes at the very end of the runway the runway texture around my default cessena (or any a/c) changes color and continues as I roll down the runway.  I usually exit at taxiway G.  At this point, not only do I have texture issues but the taxiway markings disappear as I taxi.  The markings disappear from taxiway G until I get to taxiway N.  Before patch 1.0.5. it lasted until I intersected taxiway A.  I also checked and I still have the texture issue with 4/22 runways and taxiways immediately off the runway.

Patch 1.0.5 did fix some of the texture problems with 8R.  I still have some of the texture issues, but not that bad and when I exit, I don't lose the taxiway markings.  So whatever you did made some difference.

I wish I could be of better assistance.  As I said before, I tried PHNL (1.0.3) with a clean install of XP SP3 and FS2004 and I still had the texture problem.  This occurred with only the default load of FS2004 and PHNL.  Nothing else was added or removed.

Thank you,

Mike
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:43:30 am by Kelleymoe »

eparot

• Emmanuel Parot Flight Simulator Sceneries
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2011, 10:04:36 pm »
Today, I was reading another thread about an elevation issue on Hawaii Vol.2 that has been solved using JABBgl tool.
As I'm curious, I checked AF2_PHNL.bgl file with JABBgl and found several unkown runways 5L, 5R, 6 and 7 with a value of 0 meter instead of 3.962 meters for other runways.
What are those unkown runways (5L, 5R, 6 and 7) and why they have been set to 0 ?
Best regards,
Emmanuel

Config: FS9.1 / Athlon 64 4000+ / Asus A8N-SLI Premium / Asus EN9800GTX+ 512 Mo / Corsair TwinX 2 Go RAM / Seagate Barracuda 200 Go SATA

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2011, 10:07:51 pm »
What are those unkown runways (5L, 5R, 6 and 7) and why they have been set to 0 ?

They are the dummy runways set far away from the airport in order to allow multiple crosswind runways, is the well known "stair technique", and it won't affect the airport display, since they are thousands of miles away from PHNL, so the altitude they are set to is irrelevant.

What counts is the altitude of the main runways, and the general altitude of the airport, you can try raise it a couple of centimeters, and see if it fixes the problem on your system. Even of Hawaii2, the *amount* of raising to be applied, didn't seem the same across different systems, some eliminate the flickering with a certain value, others need it a bit higher.

eparot

• Emmanuel Parot Flight Simulator Sceneries
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2011, 01:22:00 am »
Well, I tried the value of 4.000 instead of 3.962 and it seems solving the problem I had at PHNL  ;D

I still have two small problems (don't remember if they have been reported before).
The first one is a line of grass visible through the high res asphalt texture of rwy08L (visible on both screenshots below, 1st is at intersection with twy G, 2nd one with twy S). This line is visible on almost 3/4 the length of rwy08L.

http://www.emmanuelparot.fr/preview/fsdt_phnl/grass_rwy08L.jpg

The second one is a small gap between two parts of his res asphalt texture that is crossing rwy08L at the level of twy S.

http://www.emmanuelparot.fr/preview/fsdt_phnl/asphalt_rwy08L.jpg

Just another important remark, to reduce drastically the initial time to load high res ground textures when you approach the airport and avoid the few seconds with a grey area, it could help a lot to define ground layers that are loaded at individual distances. In the same way, ground textures with a white/black (no grey) alpha channel could be converted to DXT1 instead of DXT3 to reduce size and increased performance. These remarks are valid for other airports too, like KFLL or KLAS (that I'm flying very often).

If these could be fixed in a future small update... it will be great !!!

Best regards,
Emmanuel
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 01:31:34 am by virtuali »

Config: FS9.1 / Athlon 64 4000+ / Asus A8N-SLI Premium / Asus EN9800GTX+ 512 Mo / Corsair TwinX 2 Go RAM / Seagate Barracuda 200 Go SATA

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2011, 01:32:35 am »
These remarks are valid for other airports too, like KFLL or KLAS (that I'm flying very often).

If these could be fixed in a future small update... it will be great !!!

Yes, of course, but I believe you don't have the latest KFLL version, we had an update in April which should have fixed just that. We'll update all the other sceneries too.