Author Topic: Honolulu fs9 runway texture issue  (Read 48042 times)

Kelleymoe

Re: Honolulu fs9 runway texture issue
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 07:05:02 pm »
I notice the green circle as I touchdown on the runway.  The ground area around the plane turns lighter.  The runway markings don't start disappearing until I slow down and begin to exit the runway.  At this point, the runway markings disappear until I leave the exit ramp and transition to the airport apron.  So far, I'm only having this problem with PHNL.  Really strange that it only happens when I land.  I suspect it's something else causing this issue.

This weekend, I plan on unchecking all my scenery, except for PHNL, and adding them back one at a time to see if there's another BGL or scenery causing the interference.  I've even deactivated the stock PHNL/Ford Island AFCAD and still have this problem.  Yesterday, I reloaded PHNL and did not resize the textures.  I forgot to mention I'm also using Ground Environment Pro II, Flight Environment, and Weather Maker Pro.

Thanks for everyone's feedback,

Mike Franks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2010, 10:09:33 pm »
I don't see the point of keep asking the same question, when it was already answered several times already in this thread.

It's not a problem of the scenery, something else is interefering, I can't see this problem (as clearly seen in the screenshots posted), and you are the only one seeing the green circle anyway. There's no green circle anywhere in the scenery, so it must be something else not coming from PHNL.

Fact that you have this problem at PHNL only, doesn't mean the problem is caused by PHNL but, instead, what is affecting our scenery is related to this area. I still think the most likely cause is either another mesh, or another AFCAD.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:11:27 pm by virtuali »

Kelleymoe

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 02:58:36 am »
Sorry..."green circle" was the wrong use of words to discribe the problem.  You're right, there is no green circle.  I should have wrote, after I land it's like something is around my plane and it changes the runway surface and erases the runway exit markings.  Once I exit the runway and get on the parking apron, it goes away.  I removed all my scenery except for PHNL, and the problem is still there.

Also, sorry I keep bringing it up.  Unfortunately, I can't return the product so I'm trying to do my best to make it work with my system so I can get my monies worth.  I'm hoping someone else has encountered this issue and can share what they changed/removed/modified to fix it.

Thanks,

Mike Franks

kdfw

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 08:51:41 am »
Your screen shot--that's exactly what I had.  Most annoying.  Maybe try adjusting the gfx card settings if all else fails? 

In my case, resized texture was the problem so a rendering problem dependent on gfx settings?

Good luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 10:46:01 am »
Sorry, but the problem doesn't show here. This is what I'm seeing exiting from 8L. PHNL is installed as default (no texture resizer), and no other addons are present. I'm using an ATI 4870.

Have you changed somethign in your FS9.CFG like, for example, the TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL parameter ?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:48:23 am by virtuali »

Kelleymoe

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 01:57:41 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  I need to figure out what changed with my FS9 setup.  I've had PHNL since it's release and I didn't always have this problem.  So, I need to figure out what happen or I did differently.  I was hoping someone else experienced this issue and could share their fix.

Mike Franks

Kelleymoe

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 03:14:35 pm »
I still can't figure out what is causing the taxiway markings to disappear after I land.  From my research, it appears one of the issues that could be causing this is elevation issues at/near the runways.  Should I make a flatten .bgl using FSTflatten?  I'm at a loss.  Once I get to the parking areas the problem goes away.  I enjoy the scenery, but I'd like to land every now and then at PHNL.  I don't have any issues if I take off from PHNL.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled several times.  Tried it with/without the texture resizer.  Experimented with the FS9 display settings.  activated/deactivated all the scenery.  Still the problem remains.  I've checked the AFCAD and it's set at 13', the same as the default AFCAD.  I don't have another AFCAD interferring.

Thanks,

Mike Franks

Kelleymoe

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2010, 02:40:53 pm »
Can someone please answer this question.  In my Scenery/World/Scenery folder am I suppose to have "PHNL_ALT.BGL" file?  I don't have one, but noticed since one was added for KDFW everything is working fine with the textures bleeding through.

Yes, I'm still trouble shooting my disappearing taxiway markings after I land.  I've tried a lot of different things and still having problems.

Thanks,

Mike Franks

tompie

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2010, 04:24:10 pm »
Mike, you didn't answer Umberto's last question:
Have you changed something in your FS9.CFG like, for example, the TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL parameter ?

I don't have your PHNL problem over here, but to me it seems Umberto can be damn wright with his question. :)
Tompie

Kelleymoe

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2010, 07:10:08 pm »
No, I didn't change my TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL.  It's still set at 19.  I even increased it to 21 and then decreased it and still the same results.

Mike Franks

eparot

• Emmanuel Parot Flight Simulator Sceneries
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 12:54:56 am »
Hi,

I'm encountering exactly the same problem (taxiway lines and a layer of runway/taxiway textures disappears through the ground).
But, this phenomena appears only when I'm taking off from another airport (PHDH for example) and land at PHNL. If I'm starting the flight from PHNL and come back landing at PHNL the problem doesn't appear.
Try with a non default FS aircraft (I tried with 767 LevelD). It seems this phenomena is not present on all the airport but rwy08L has the problem (intersection with taxiway D for example). It's only visible from inside the cockpit view (2D or VC) or in external view (but in this case only if your viewpoint is not too high over the aircraft).

The only mesh I've covering this area is the world buffer terrain from FS Genesis and I'm using Terrain Max Vertex Level = 21 (slider for terrain complexity set to 100).

I'm using the reduced size textures (didn't try with the original textures in 1024x1024).

I also noticed a strange line of texture transparency (I can see the grass through the rwy) on rwy08L right side between the number 8 mark (right side of rwy08L) and intersection with rwy04L.

Regards,
Emmanuel

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:58:56 am by eparot »

Config: FS9.1 / Athlon 64 4000+ / Asus A8N-SLI Premium / Asus EN9800GTX+ 512 Mo / Corsair TwinX 2 Go RAM / Seagate Barracuda 200 Go SATA

Kelleymoe

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 04:00:51 am »
I'm still trying to figure out what's causing this.  Today, I tried a new hard drive with a fresh install of FS2004.  The only scenery/add-on I added is PHNL and I still have this problem.  Everything is default.  This is the only scenery I'm having this issue with.  Could it be my computer?  If so, wouldn't I have this problem with other scenery?  I own KORD, KLAS, and KDFW and no problems.

Mike Franks   

eparot

• Emmanuel Parot Flight Simulator Sceneries
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »
Hi,

May be a beginning of an answer by Rainer : http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3642.msg32431#msg32431

Emmanuel

Config: FS9.1 / Athlon 64 4000+ / Asus A8N-SLI Premium / Asus EN9800GTX+ 512 Mo / Corsair TwinX 2 Go RAM / Seagate Barracuda 200 Go SATA

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2010, 11:52:27 pm »
We posted a file for FSX that fixed the problem, we were just waiting some users reports and, since it seems that it works nicely, we'll post it for FS9 as well very shortly.

alptosun

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 08:06:18 pm »
We posted a file for FSX that fixed the problem, we were just waiting some users reports and, since it seems that it works nicely, we'll post it for FS9 as well very shortly.

Hi Umberto

Is there any news about the fix?
Thanks