Author Topic: Honolulu fs9 runway texture issue  (Read 48085 times)

arntfs

Honolulu fs9 runway texture issue
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:43:15 pm »
Hello,

I noticed today some issue on the runway textures. In fact, although I bought the scenery when it was released, I landed there for the first time only today.

The problem occurs only on and in the vicinity of the runways (all runways): some kind of a green polygon is following the user aircraft, erasing everything drawn within it. As  shown on the screenies below:

As soon as you get away from the runway, the problem disappear, so on the taxiways that are not directly near a runway there is no problem. It's only near the runways.

I installed the PHNL 1.0.3 update half an hour ago, thought it would fix this, but it doesnt.

Any clues?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:45:09 am by arntfs »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Honolulu fs9 runway texture issue
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:57:02 pm »
What other 3rd party mesh you have installed ?

Have you put the Mesh complexity slider to 100, as instructed in the patch announcement post ?

arntfs

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 07:33:57 am »
I use FSGenesis' mesh, and have the slider at its maximum value 100 indeed. I did read the patch annoucement post.

Why did you link to my screenshots, rather than letting the image appear directly in the post? Is there any problem in posting screenshots in this forum?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:38:45 am by arntfs »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:15:28 am »
I use FSGenesis' mesh, and have the slider at its maximum value 100 indeed. I did read the patch annoucement post.

I'm sorry but, we can't reproduce this. Are you sure it's the only mesh you have ? Works with FS Genesis here.

Why did you link to my screenshots, rather than letting the image appear directly in the post? Is there any problem in posting screenshots in this forum?

Because that's the wrong way to post screenshots, since it forces everyone, even those with a slow connection speed (or a pay for traffic connection speed) to load the big images.

If you want to post screenshots, there's a dedicated forum function to Attach images, which provides automatic thumbnail generation and, of course, it save you the time to uploading to another server. It's available if you press the "Additional Options" link while posting.

arntfs

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 11:44:56 am »
No I dont use any other mesh. Never mind. If you cant reproduce this then I assume it's all sorted out indeed.

About the screenies, it's ok, I simply removed them completely to avoid having anyone loosing money or bandwidth. I've had taken some time to size them to something acceptable before I post them in the first time though  ::)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 11:47:23 am by arntfs »

kdfw

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 03:49:13 am »
I had this problem, near RW yellow markings disappearing around the aircraft.

Found that "Aloha Adventures I" addon scenery was causing this, deactivated it and all working ok. 

I do see RW threshold markings show up in doubles, like one texture over another with some offset. 

But great scenery.

Pat

kdfw

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 11:25:53 pm »
runway markings disappearing--finally tranced it to the image resized textures.  If original 1024x1024 used, no problems, but the smaller textures have rendering problems on my setup where the lines disappear as i get near them. 

just resized the non-tile texture files and that should be good enough for me.

LCSims

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 07:44:09 am »
Found that "Aloha Adventures I" addon scenery was causing this, deactivated it and all working ok. 

So was it the resized textures or the package mentioned above that was causing the problems? There's nothing in Aloha Adv.I that "should" affect PHNL.

kdfw

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 07:09:57 am »
i'd say it was the resized texture.  duplicate afcad doesn't help but getting rid of it didn't fix it.

LCSims

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 08:21:46 am »
OK, just wanted to be sure. Best I can remember, because it's been a while back, there's nothing in the work that would/should affect PHNL. Big airports are not something that I fly into or out of much, so there was no AFCAD done for Honolulu in Aloha Adv. I and I don't believe anything done to Ford Island (NPS) would have an effect on PHNL.

Now the 19m mesh I did for Hawai'i and FS2004 I can't comment about any affect it may or may not have on PHNL. Maybe I'll reinstall FS9, PHNL and the mesh just to see how it looks.  ???

Kelleymoe

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 11:20:26 pm »
I'm having the same problems.  So what is the fix?  Do I reinstall the scenery and DO NOT use the resizer?  It happens as I land and the green circle of doom surrounds my aircraft.  It goes away once I exit the runway.

Thanks,

Mike Franks

kdfw

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2010, 03:15:59 am »
Basically, yes.  Reinstall and don't resize the texture.  Now, you can edit the resize batch file and remove the *tile* entries so everything else is resized to get some performance gain. 

Kelleymoe

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 02:42:43 am »
What's plan two?  I'm still getting the green circle of doom around my aircraft.  I uninstalled and made a fresh install.  I'm not using any mesh, or Honolulu add-ons, and PHNL is my first scenery.  Also, I set my FS9 mesh setting to max.  It's really frustrating after a long flight to land and watch your runway markings disappear.  

Those that had this problem, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,

Mike Franks

kdfw

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 05:08:06 am »
Don't know...  Maybe install the higher res mesh?  Umberto may offer some sort of suggestion?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 09:58:01 am »
As I've already said some posts above:

I'm sorry but, we can't reproduce this

I don't have the issue, regardless of the textures size used, see the attached picture.