Author Topic: Deboarding issue after creating passenger waypoints (DETAILED) (UPDATED 11/29)  (Read 869 times)

Pulsepowered

***UPDATE***: if you wait more than 30 seconds in between reopening the GSX menu, it will trigger the issue.

MSFS version: 1.29.30.0
Aircraft: A310-300, no enhanced package installed, default livery
Airport: ORBX KBUR installed and purchased through ORBX app
Weather: Clear skies preset, 10am
Traffic: OFF
Addons: removed anything that uses sim connect
GSX custom assigned HOTKEY: "Z"

1. Started MSFS as noted above at KBUR Gate A4, Cold & Dark
2. Started Couatl64_MSFS.exe
3. Opened GSX menu via hotkey
4. Clicked "Customize Parking"
5. Ticked "Disable Passenger Bus" and Clicked "Customize Passenger Waypoints"
6. Moved the gate position to area where passengers will emerge and clicked "Enter"
7. Opened GSX (via hotkey) and clicked "Operate Stairs" (waited for confirmation for stairs completed but nothing showed up)
8. Waited making sure stairs are in position then opened GSX (via hotkey)

RESULT: Deboarding process starts without any input and "Loading" shown on GSX menu and continues even after deboarding and baggage offloading process has finished 

Attached the log file and the created custom parking position file. I also tried using the SU10 option with same results.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 08:57:55 pm by Pulsepowered »

Pulsepowered

Re: Deboarding issue after creating passenger waypoints (DETAILED)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 10:42:58 pm »
UPDATE:

I tried the same steps using default KBUR at gate A4 and still had the same results with SU10 API enabled. Attached is the log for both.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 11:30:24 am »

Not a very good idea, because that's the key normally associated to the Autopilot master switch, so there's a risk if any of the airplane systems send that even to control the Autopilot, it will affect GSX as well. This is due to an SDK limitation that prevents add-ons getting exclusive access to a key, even momentarily, which was in fact possible in FSX and P3D.

If you want an one-click hotkey for GSX, I suggest using X, works fine for me. I'll try to replicate your test now.

RogePete

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 12:42:31 pm »
For me it not only happens with passenger walkways.
It happens everytime I have to use stairs (even with busses) instead of jetways. I think it is more of a stair problem than a pax walkway problem. But that's only my conclusion.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 12:56:14 pm »
MSFS version: 1.29.30.0
Aircraft: A310-300, no enhanced package installed, default livery
Airport: ORBX KBUR installed and purchased through ORBX app
Weather: Clear skies preset, 10am
Traffic: OFF
Addons: removed anything that uses sim connect

I tried following this as close as possible, using the profile you attached here, and as you can see in the below video, nothing start automatically. The ONLY difference, is that I have GSX assigned to the "X" hotkey, not Z.

EDIT:

Try with the Hotkey set to Z as well, no change, still works.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 01:24:55 pm by virtuali »

Pulsepowered

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 07:06:08 pm »
Man, that's really frustrating. Only difference with mine is I don't get the "GSX Stairs Operation Completed". I only get that when the Passenger Bus option is used. And no issues after I open the GSX menu. Let me try a different hotkey....

UPDATE: I tried using "X" as hotkey and same issue.

So now I uninstalled and deleted all the folders related to GSX. Downloaded the installer from the website and ran it. Once install was finished, I updated it one time and rebooted the PC. I am now seeing the "Stairs Operation Completed" notification.

It fixed it at first, it won't show up as long as you re-open the menu within 30 seconds after the notification OR after closing it. But then if I wait more than 30 seconds or so and re-opened the menu, the issue comes back again.

Using either the hotkey or top menu bar can still trigger it.

I also tried it with the default A320 and the 30 second rule still applies.

I attached the log file below. It looks like the "WASM timeout timeElapsed 0" is causing this. When using jetways, WASM timeout does not appear on log after 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 09:28:19 pm by Pulsepowered »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 09:35:57 am »
It fixed it at first, it won't show up as long as you re-open the menu within 30 seconds after the notification OR after closing it. But then if I wait more than 30 seconds or so and re-opened the menu, the issue comes back again.

I attached the log file below. It looks like the "WASM timeout timeElapsed 0" is causing this. When using jetways, WASM timeout does not appear on log after 30 seconds.

This is very useful!

Yes, if there's a WASM timeout, it's to be expected this will happen (internal variables used to connect GSX and the menu will be all reset), now I need to understand why it times out but, at least, it's something clear.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Alright, I reproduced the WASM timeout, it's caused by waiting more than 30 seconds after operating Stairs. And yes, I do get the automatic Deboarding so, now that I could reproduce it, I'm confident this will be fixed.

Pulsepowered

Alright, I reproduced the WASM timeout, it's caused by waiting more than 30 seconds after operating Stairs. And yes, I do get the automatic Deboarding so, now that I could reproduce it, I'm confident this will be fixed.

Glad to hear that. Thank you.