Author Topic: p3d v5 Update cache failure in 0 seconds  (Read 1252 times)

b742f

p3d v5 Update cache failure in 0 seconds
« on: November 28, 2022, 04:42:31 pm »
P3D and MSFS versions of GSX installed

At FlyTampa Amsterdam v2

Update cache failure in 0 seconds

Attempted to set log file but settings window does not close when I activate and press apply,ok.

b742f

Re: p3d v5 Update cache failure in 0 seconds
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 04:53:26 pm »
I created the file manually to enable log.

What does this mean and how can I fix?

Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin" (system:32), accessing "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin"

b742f

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 05:03:27 pm »
I tried to delete that file and restarted. Rebuilt cache still same error

At FT EHAM v2 "could not find valid airport data at this location,services are unavailable."

?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 12:34:01 pm »
Be sure you don't have another copy of couatl.exe running from a previous session, which usually happen if you restart the sim too quickly after having it closed. If you see that in the task manager, terminate it and start the sim again.

If that doesn't work, restart Windows and remove this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali

Then start the sim.

b742f

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 09:23:58 pm »
Be sure you don't have another copy of couatl.exe running from a previous session, which usually happen if you restart the sim too quickly after having it closed. If you see that in the task manager, terminate it and start the sim again.

If that doesn't work, restart Windows and remove this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali

Then start the sim.

tried that now, still failure message. This time not 0 seconds but 15 seconds. log file says same error

Airport cache not valid: got error CreateFile failed: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin" (system:32), accessing "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 02:46:49 am »

I'm sorry but, the only possible explanation left here, is that another program is really blocking access to the file, most likely the antivirus.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live update again.

b742f

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 06:37:00 am »

I'm sorry but, the only possible explanation left here, is that another program is really blocking access to the file, most likely the antivirus.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live update again.

It is excluded and I ran live update this morning. It runs perfect on MSFS. I dual installed it in P3D and that is the issue in P3D its giving me. I never had this issue before except now that I have GSX installed in MSFS and P3D on same computer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 11:22:06 am »
It is excluded and I ran live update this morning. It runs perfect on MSFS. I dual installed it in P3D and that is the issue in P3D its giving me. I never had this issue before except now that I have GSX installed in MSFS and P3D on same computer.

Having both GSX version installed is not a problem at all. Even if both use the airport cache, each one has its own separate folder for the airport cache.

Are you using the airport cache in MSFS as well ( SU10 Navdata option = Disabled ) ? If yes, does it work there ?

b742f

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 09:33:57 am »

Having both GSX version installed is not a problem at all. Even if both use the airport cache, each one has its own separate folder for the airport cache.

Are you using the airport cache in MSFS as well ( SU10 Navdata option = Disabled ) ? If yes, does it work there ?

SU10 navdata option enabled in MSFS.

GSX reloads cache without error in MSFS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 12:15:23 pm »
SU10 navdata option enabled in MSFS. GSX reloads cache without error in MSFS

Both things cannot happen at the same time. When the Navdata is enabled, no airport cache is used so, to be sure the cache works in MSFS, you need to disable the Navdata. Not that you need to do that in MSFS, but at least to follow up with troubleshooting the P3D version.

w6kd

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 06:07:36 pm »
I've had several very occasional occurrences of this problem...it appeared that the program did not terminate normally and left the file in a locked state.  If Windows won't allow you to delete it (after making sure couatl.exe is not running in the background), then I'd suggest a reboot and try deleting it again.

b742f

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 06:33:08 am »
I've had several very occasional occurrences of this problem...it appeared that the program did not terminate normally and left the file in a locked state.  If Windows won't allow you to delete it (after making sure couatl.exe is not running in the background), then I'd suggest a reboot and try deleting it again.

I deleted the whole folder, restarted computer, and started p3d. It did the same thing. Now randomly it is working I think. I have to test again at EHAM this weekend.