Author Topic: GSX menu stuck loading  (Read 4676 times)

Uehm

GSX menu stuck loading
« on: November 28, 2022, 11:36:13 am »
So I bought GSX a couple days ago and still haven't been able to get it to work.

Steps I've tried:

- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the installer 3 times.
- I unlinked my license on the installer, uninstalled it through there, and then deleted the installer through control panel. I have deleted the addon manager folder.
- I tried restarting coutl while in the simulator, as I saw on another post on this forum.
- Tried using the "offline" installer via a download I found on Reddit.
- Let the GSX menu load for 5+ minutes in the sim.
- Uninstalled the old GSX for FSX via control panel.

All to no cigar. Kinda disappointed as I used GSX for pretty much all my flights back in FSX.

Looking forward to any help. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 11:41:20 am by Uehm »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu stuck loading
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 11:57:05 am »
- Uninstalled the old GSX for FSX via control panel.

If you did the things you listed in the order you posted, meaning you did this as the last step, you need to reinstall GSX Pro after you removed the FSX version, because the uninstaller might have removed important files shared by the two.

After reinstalling GSX Pro again, post your startup log as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

It must be posted ZIPPED and ATTACHED to a post, and it should be made after you open the GSX menu, eventually waiting a minute or so, to be sure the Airport cache regeneration has been completed.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 12:01:55 pm by virtuali »

Uehm

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 04:27:24 pm »
The list was not in order - I have uninstalled and reinstalled after GSX for FSX was removed.

I will attach the log file as soon as I get home tonight. Thanks for the response.

Uehm

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 05:02:49 am »
Attached the log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 11:06:52 am »
Attached the log.

Your log doesn't show a session in which this problem happened, since it seem you just start the sim, and exited. Or, maybe, you posted a log after Couatl restarted, so a new log overwrote the one when the problem happened.

Uehm

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 07:11:37 pm »
Attached again. I recorded a video of the steps I did as it seems the log shows the same thing as before:

https://youtu.be/uIXmTpP_Zco
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 09:02:07 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 09:07:06 am »
Attached again. I recorded a video of the steps I did as it seems the log shows the same thing as before:

It would have been best if you enabled the option to always shows all icons in the notification area, to monitor the status of the couatl icon in real time. However, it seems from your video that after you restarted it, it crashed.

Try starting it from its Desktop icon with the "Run as Administrator" option.

Uehm

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 05:15:27 pm »

It would have been best if you enabled the option to always shows all icons in the notification area, to monitor the status of the couatl icon in real time. However, it seems from your video that after you restarted it, it crashed.

Try starting it from its Desktop icon with the "Run as Administrator" option.

I was watching it this time, it stays in the tray the entire time - not sure if it crashed. The log still shows the same thing.

Starting it as admin produced the same result.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 02:09:51 am »
I was watching it this time, it stays in the tray the entire time - not sure if it crashed

Just watching might not be enough. There's a strange quirk in the Windows notification area, that icons for a program that already exited, will still show, unless you hover the space formerly taken by the icon with the mouse. It happens with so many apps that I think it must be some kind of Windows bug.

So, next time it happens, try to hover the mouse on the Couatl icon, and see if it disappears. If it does, it means the program already exited or crashed before.

Festijn

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2022, 10:56:30 am »
Hi,

I had the exact same issue but found out that another service 'ambitiouspilots toolbar pushback' was giving the conflict for me.
Once I disabled that service GSX is working fine for me.

I'm just posting this for the case if you also have that service installed.

Grt
Festijn

wesader

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2023, 07:12:21 am »
Stuck in loading screen or it is only flash and dissapeared :) i can't set attachment file coult.err file, cuz this app doesen't accept it, there was log list something WASM things, i didn't use simulator in developement mode. But yesterday done lot of with my scenery addons libraries, that could be a reason why GSX pro not work, i try reinstall it, if it going to solve issue.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:22:33 am by wesader »

wesader

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2023, 08:17:15 am »
No, i didn't help :) what now ? deactive -> complete uninstall remove all folders.....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2023, 12:46:50 pm »
No, i didn't help :) what now ? deactive -> complete uninstall remove all folders.....

You posted the short panic log, which doesn't have enough information for us. You should post the detailed couatl.log, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

wesader

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2023, 07:05:39 pm »
this one it is .. i suppose :)

sirtopper

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2023, 09:18:09 pm »
I had the same problem but my couatl.log showed that GSX was disabled in the CouatlAddons.ini file. I edited this file and changed [parkme] and [gsx] from disable=1 to disable=0. Worked for me