Author Topic: couatl64_MSFS.exe Freezing Simulator  (Read 755 times)

TootY

couatl64_MSFS.exe Freezing Simulator
« on: November 27, 2022, 06:45:24 pm »
Hello,

After recently installing GSX Pro onto a new system I'm finding strange system freezes which according to event viewer relate back to "couatl64_MSFS.exe".

Currently using the updated pack from the forum which was updated on November 25th.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if you require anything please let me know.

Thank you
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 09:51:43 pm by TootY »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl64_MSFS.exe Freezing Simulator
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 09:53:40 am »
After recently installing GSX Pro onto a new system I'm finding strange system freezes which according to event viewer relate back to "couatl64_MSFS.exe".

Couatl64_MSFS.exe, being an external .EXE, by definition, cannot "freeze the sim", since normal .EXE applications don't have any access to the memory used by another .EXE, this is not under discussion.

However, if the SIM crashes for other reasons, Couatl .EXE CAN affected by it, because the crash in the sim would abruptly interrupt the normal communication through Simconnect, so Couatl will likely be unable to exit cleanly in this case.

So, what you are looking in the Event Viewer, is Couatl crashing because of the sim crashed for other reasons, but I'm sure you must ALSO have Events showing a crash in Flightsimulator.exe, which is likely having an earlier timestamp.

TootY

Re: couatl64_MSFS.exe Freezing Simulator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 08:30:03 pm »
Hello virtuali,

I do apologise. Chasing something completely unrelated.

Turns out it was an issue with Reshade.

Thank you for your support.