Author Topic: Problem with KJFK  (Read 7861 times)

viennaman

Problem with KJFK
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:51:08 pm »
Hi People,

got a new comuputer, flying to JFK and look what i see. Not only on this terminal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with KJFK
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:23:22 pm »
That's not our scenery.

You are probably seeing another AFCAD in conflict: they usually come with addon traffic packages. You need to find the file related to JFK, and remove it.

viennaman

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 08:39:52 pm »
What do you mean its not your scenery - Thats the FS Dream JFK scenery that i uploaded. Yes ihave my traffic but what shall i do now exactly

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 09:09:41 pm »
I don't have any doubts you installed our scenery.

But was is shown in your screenshot, is NOT our scenery. Or, better: the buildings and ground textures are not coming from our scenery, but mixed with jetways that are from our scenery.

Which, as I've said, is caused by another AFCAD in conflict: they usually come with Addon traffic packages. You need to find the file related to JFK, and remove it. Under FS9, you can use the AFCAD utility to find duplicate AFCADs.

viennaman

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:14:22 am »
I am a complete moron when it comes to computers as i am only installing and flying. Please can you tell me step by step what i shall do (which directory, what files etc)

Thanks a lot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 10:37:52 am »
I don't know what folder the offending file might be. It depends where it comes from.

You can use the free AFCAD utility, to help you finding duplicate AFCADs. First, you need to download it, it's a available at all the major site, it's made by Lee Swordy.

Once you have it installed, open an airport giving its ICAO code, KJFK in this case, and AFCAD will list all the files that are related to it. There are usually at least 2, one labeled "Stock", which is the default and you need to left untouched, and the one that comes with FSDT KFJK, which is located in the fsdreamteam\jfk\scenery folder.

If you have more than 2, take note of where they are located, then exit and remove them.

viennaman

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 07:12:56 pm »
TKS

SirIsaac726

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 04:45:52 am »
I recognize that to be the SimFlyer's World Airports JFK scenery. ;)

Remove that from your system if you are going to use FSDT's JFK.