Author Topic: Intention of Boarding the Pilots / Crew and direct after the passengers  (Read 1530 times)

Dementorian

Hello dear flying friends, I have a question regarding boarding. When I select boarding at GSX, the pilots come first, then the crew members and then the passengers. But in reality it is the case that the pilots sit in first, then the tank is filled and then the guests are brought in, or am I wrong? It would be more realistic for me if you could separate the pilots/crew and guests. Because first the pilots, who also have to prepare the plane first, which also takes time. Shortly afterwards the crew refuel and only then the guests when the plane is almost ready to take off. Your opinion would be important to me, what you think about it.

Warm greetings

bcm652

Re: Intention of Boarding the Pilots / Crew and direct after the passengers
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 04:16:28 pm »
I really don't mind how the boarding operation works now. If you have a hundred or more passengers to load and following your suggestion would take a lot more time. You can still use GSX to fuel the aircraft, call for catering before boarding. Yes, boarding is a part of GSX service, but not the only thing. I prefer to get on with it because I want to get to the take off and flying part of the simulation, that's why I bought it. There are times that I don't use GSX, just to get to the flying part. GSX is still a great add on. JMHO.

Dementorian

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 04:54:21 pm »
Absolutely! The add-on is great.
My suggestion would take more time? But that's not true. I would only move the boarding of the crew and pilots to the front with my suggestion.

Because the actual procedure in the real world looks like this, or am I wrong? :

1. service prepares aircraft
2. pilots and crew arrive
3. catering (now or before I am not sure)
4. refueling
5. passengers board

I don't use GSX either, but when I do, I want the "real as it gets" feeling and then I get annoyed when I press boarding and the pilot is actually already inside, because the crew and pilots are boarding again.

This is only a small thing, but should definitely be considered in a ground service addon.

Warmly greetings

bcm652

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2022, 07:53:52 pm »
I have often thought that a separate option for GSX would be just boarding the pilot and crew only first. For reasons that you mentioned about getting the aircraft ready, like doing a check list, lights, no smoking sign, open cargo doors, etc., which you can do anyway. And of course, the pilots are always in their seats boarding or deboarding.
The other thought that gets mention a few times is not having pilots and crew deboard on short turn around flights on commuter aircraft. JMHO.

TheCaptain3618

• TheCaptain3618
    • Google
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 12:49:38 pm »
I highly recommend this suggestion so ground services should be more realistic.
TheCaptain3618

flyseven

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 08:03:45 am »
What would be very nice is that the crew (flight crew and cabin crew) walk together in a group like in real life....the flight crew not forcibly ahead !

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 01:20:17 pm »
What would be very nice is that the crew (flight crew and cabin crew) walk together in a group like in real life....the flight crew not forcibly ahead !
I feel like that depends on where you are, since I don't often see the flight crew and cabin crew walking together at all. If anything, I'm more likely to see the cabin crew get to the plane before the flight crew does. I've also seen it where the cabin crew don't all get on the plane at the same time.
Captain Kevin

flyseven

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 12:03:31 pm »
Hi to all

For the last 35 years, I have flown for some companies.
The crew (flight & cabin) board together except there is a partial chrewchange !

LukeK

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 04:53:00 pm »
For the last 35 years, I have flown for some companies.
The crew (flight & cabin) board together except there is a partial chrewchange !

Except when they don't. I've had situations in the past where we were boarded (with cabin crew obviously) and then the crew lead went on the PA to announce that we were waiting on the flight crew. :)

Cheers!