Author Topic: GSX Couatl Constant Restarts  (Read 6940 times)

grouner

Re: GSX Couatl Constant Restarts
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2023, 02:55:59 pm »
I don't enable/disable anything. I just start the sim and go. This morning I started at KORD and the cache refreshed/restarted 12 times before I gave up. Is it possible the simconnect needs to be updated? If so, where would I find this?

grouner

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2023, 02:58:33 pm »
The screen does read "Airport cache loaded successfully" every time it refreshes/restarts.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 03:00:06 pm by grouner »

grouner

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2023, 03:46:47 pm »
Started up at KORD again and let it run. I believe it's on the 25th run of airport cache loaded successfully.

grouner

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2023, 03:51:06 pm »
when I disable AI detection in SODE, the scenery stops cache reloading.

grouner

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2023, 03:52:29 pm »
I did download Prepar3D_v5_SDK_Setup_5.3.17.28160, selected repair, but still have the same issue.

AAA Dodger

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2023, 07:50:02 am »
Well i see the problem is not fixed yet. grouner you must be frustrated.i am too . Come on GSX , get it done.. i guess it is all about                                                                             MSFS now.                                                                        Alan sims
Alan sims

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2023, 12:24:19 pm »
I did download Prepar3D_v5_SDK_Setup_5.3.17.28160, selected repair, but still have the same issue

Reinstalling the P3D SDK cannot possibly have any effect on this, since the SDK only contains various documentation, code samples and 3dx max plugins, nothing to do with how the simulator works.

grouner

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2023, 01:03:47 pm »
I did not know. I am trying anything to get this scenery to work properly. What do you suggest?

AAA Dodger

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2023, 07:56:50 am »
i wish i knew how to make a video of it,that is above my pay grade. i think it might would help maybe if somebody who  knows how can do it.maybe that would help. i get it on replay every time i run it after my flight,it does not matter when,where,or how long my flight was. if i hit one of my key board keys as soon as i see the message come on screen (top left corner of screen),it will not pause just display the message and keep playing the replay. About every thirty 30 sec. or so after it gets close to landing on runway.I am sorry for complaining but it is just very frustrating. hope it can be fixed soon. there is something your test is not picking up. i have re-installed 4 or five times ,re-installed my O.S (WIN 10) 2 times.                                                                                                                                                                         

Alan sims

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 08:05:59 am by AAA Dodger »
Alan sims

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2023, 11:33:07 am »
There's no need to do a video. You just need to try to make some effort to be more precise in your reports.

I keep saying the term cache "refresh" or "restart" used liberally, when in fact there are two very different things so, I'll try to make it clear:

- A cache "refresh" is when you see a percentage progress, in red, saying the cache is being regenerated. This is supposed to happen ONLY after something changed in the Scenery Library OR if the previous cache regeneration failed. If the cache regeneration completes successfully, you''ll see a white message saying "Airport cache loaded successfully", which indicates GSX is ready.

- During a restart of the Couat engine, you are only supposed to see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message, nothing else. This, of course, assuming the previous cache regeneration didn't end up with an error. If there was a problem with it, it will be ( or, at least, the program it will try to ) *regenerated* again, like in the fist point.

Now, there's the OTHER, completely different issue, of the supposed constant restart. In the current version of GSX, we are trying to detect the loss of Simconnect connection from the sim and, if there's no connection for more than 30 seconds in a row ( completely abnormal situation ), the Couatl engine will Restart automatically.

Now, what will happen during that Restart, again, depends on the airport cache status: if the last time it was completed successfully, it will be just reloaded with the "Airport cache loaded successfully", otherwise it will be regenerated.

So, do you realize there are two completely different issues here, which is why I need to know *exactly* what you are getting:

- The fact you are triggering an automatic Restart. This shouldn't normally happen under any circumstances, because it tells something very wrong with the sim is going on.

- The fact you are getting a cache regeneration ( do you ? ) during a restart, which seems to indicate another completely different problem, that is the failure to regenerate the last one.

grouner

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2023, 12:12:17 pm »
You have made it perfectly clear and thank you. The only message I receive is "Airport cache loaded successfully", no percentage. So, it is a constant restart of the Couatl.

AAA Dodger

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2023, 02:32:38 pm »
i get ("airport cache loaded successfully"). i can pause the replay,still get the mess.("airport cache loaded successfully") while paused,every 15 to 25,30 seconds. P3d v4.5,active sky p3d,asca,fsuipc,flightbeam ksfo,pmdg 777x are my add-ons. will happen with any aircraft.any place,any where,day or night.
Alan sims

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2023, 02:47:02 pm »
while paused,every 15 to 25,30 seconds.

It cannot be 15 or 25 seconds. It's either 30 seconds or it's nothing because, the automatic restart can only happens if GSX loses communication with the sim for MORE than 30 seconds.

So, the real question is, why your sim stopped talking with GSX for more than 30 seconds, that I really can't understand.

AAA Dodger

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2023, 10:48:49 pm »
while paused,every 15 to 25,30 seconds.

It cannot be 15 or 25 seconds. It's either 30 seconds or it's nothing because, the automatic restart can only happens if GSX loses communication with the sim for MORE than 30 seconds.

So, the real question is, why your sim stopped talking with GSX for more than 30 seconds, that I really can't understand.
   because you can not see it with your tools does not mean it is not happening. On my replay the times were 85 secs. mark,62secs. 51 , 39 . as you can see these were not 30 apart. you got a problem with your code somewhere. deal with that instead of saying were not seeing what we are seeing. 2000+ people have viewed this topic , its a problem. i do not like being called a liar sir. Open your eyes. Good day . i am done with this. Great customer service. Good day.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 10:57:46 pm by AAA Dodger »
Alan sims

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2023, 09:38:18 am »
because you can not see it with your tools does not mean it is not happening. On my replay the times were 85 secs. mark,62secs. 51 , 39 . as you can see these were not 30 apart. you got a problem with your code somewhere. deal with that instead of saying were not seeing what we are seeing. 2000+ people have viewed this topic , its a problem. i do not like being called a liar sir. Open your eyes. Good day . i am done with this. Great customer service. Good day.

Fact it can either happen every 30 seconds or it won't, it's not open to negotiation or discussion because, opposite of you, who cannot possibly know anything about the code, I DO know what it's causing it, which I think I already explained it several times so, again, it's 30 seconds.

Two things that might have altered your perception are:

- time acceleration in the  sim. This because those 30 seconds are not real time, but sim time so, they will follow the sim time acceleration.

- the message ( which is the only thing you see ) might have not appeared when it was supposed to, because the sim message text has a queue, so even if the the restart happened exactly after 30 seconds, which is the only way it could appear, you might have been mislead thinking the restart didn't happen after regular interval.

- if you used an instant reply, it is possible it might have affected this interval, since instant reply does strange things to simconnect calls, which is what "clocks" our code.

- if you paused the sim.

When the sim is paused, we don't get any callbacks from simconnect either so, for the same above reason, our internal clock doesn't move forward so, for example, if you paused the sim for 15 seconds, and noticed a restart after 45 seconds, it's because for our code, only 30 seconds passed, since nothing was moving in our code during that time, that's of course is what allow all GSX vehicles to stop automatically when in Pause, otherwise they would still move if our time was running independently from the sim.

But that's besides the point. The point is your attitude: NOBODY ever called you "a liar", this is just wrong.