Author Topic: GSX Couatl Constant Restarts  (Read 6932 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Couatl Constant Restarts
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2022, 03:41:10 pm »
With the gates reloading constantly.

Please clarify what do you mean with "gates reloading constantly"

teje724

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2022, 10:34:31 pm »
I would load the simulator and while at the stand, the gates would initially load, then a couple of seconds later the ads would turn black, the gates would turn in weird directions, and disappear including the visual docking system. If I try to hit crtl+F12 the menu would also disappear at the same time if the gates and VDS are recycling. I only notice this when using DD KJFK. As stated before the cycling stops when I clicked on customize airport positions from the GSX menu. If I can help with a video, I’ll do so shortly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2022, 11:37:52 am »
gates and VDS are recycling. I only notice this when using DD KJFK.

Please clarify: have you replaced the SODE jetways that comes with the scenery with GSX ones, which can only be made by removing the XML/SDX file from the SODE folder ?

Because if you haven't, and you are using the SODE jetways that comes with the scenery, nothing of what you are reporting has anything to do with GSX, since when a scenery comes with its own SODE jetways, they are not created ( or in this case, re-created ) by GSX.

teje724

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2022, 02:39:47 am »
Virtuali, I am happy to report that I am no longer having issues with jetways recycling. I'm not sure what happened or if I did anything. Everything loads the way it's supposed to at the beginning. Thanks for the support!!

Mr_Reese

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2022, 05:14:00 pm »
I am encountering the same issue as well but at LAX. It's weird when I am only approach everything is fine but when I touch down it starts to reset every 10 seconds.

Peter

MiguelSantos

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2022, 03:25:22 pm »
Hi guys,
Suddenly same issue here. After change my setup everything was working as expected.
Have been flying in europe with no issues, apart ones that seems recent bugs as I posted before in another thread.

Today, after loading at KBOS, this loop of constantly reloads is happening.
Then tried to load before an european airport and was ok. Changed in the same session to KBOS, and again the loop begun.
Doing as teje724 said, editing park position (enter and exiting) and returned to normal.
Will continue to test, reporting the airports that's happening.

Prepar3d V5.3

Happy new year.

AAA Dodger

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2023, 09:09:11 am »
Hello , i am having the same type problem. I get mine during replay. I use qw,pmdg, active sky , p3dv4.5 (lastest version),GSX,GSX 2,REX WX RADAR, happens with any aircraft and any settings.Re-installed many times no change. Win 10,lastest fsuipc.navi-graph,flightbeam ksfo. When replay runs freeze's about every 30 seconds.                               Alan sims
« Last Edit: January 02, 2023, 09:12:05 am by AAA Dodger »
Alan sims

AAA Dodger

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2023, 08:12:02 am »
Has anybody received an answer from FSDT Team yet about this ,frustrating !
Alan sims

simflyer

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2023, 09:09:24 pm »
Same issue here. I have it at KORD and KLAX (P3d v4.5) so far and let's hope it doesn't spread elsewhere.

grouner

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2023, 08:07:26 pm »
I am having these issues again at KORD. I upgraded from P3Dv4 to P3Dv5, installing all the addons again but for V5 version. I am using the stock jetways FSDT included with the KORD program. I ran the updater for FSDT as of today, using the installer and live update. SO, again, I am disabling the SODE for AI aircraft and the cache stops refreshing and I am able to use the airport.

GRouner

Papacoach

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2023, 09:54:16 pm »
On another topic this was said,
"In a recent update, we added a feature that will constantly check if the Simconnect connection is not replying for more than 30 seconds and in this case, it will automatically restart the Couatl engine, which sometimes fixes issues of the program being stuck because of this."

I request this "feature" become a user's choice.

SAS1044

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2023, 04:32:35 pm »
HI all!

I have the same problem on all FSDT-airports, no other. Im running P3d 4.5

Airmaz1

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2023, 10:48:32 am »
Had the same problem arriving at YBCG, no jetways at all but as soon as i tried to open GSX menu to select parking space i started getting the loop..

krouner

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2023, 11:29:54 am »
This has been going on since November. Please help us with this issue. I am attaching logs. My specific is KORD. The cache refreshes every time SODE attempts to dock with AI aircraft. If I disable SODE AI detection, the refreshing stops. I had the same issue with P3Dv4 at KORD. P3D does not crash, just keeps refreshing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2023, 01:31:05 pm »
This has been going on since November. Please help us with this issue. I am attaching logs. My specific is KORD. The cache refreshes every time SODE attempts to dock with AI aircraft. If I disable SODE AI detection, the refreshing stops. I had the same issue with P3Dv4 at KORD. P3D does not crash, just keeps refreshing.

Your log shows what is happening, which is something completely abnormal: a Simconnect timeout, that is the sim stopped talking with GSX for more than 30 seconds, which is clearly a problem, since they are supposed to be in constant communication at least every second.

This will trigger an automatic restart of the Couatl program, in the hope the communication might be "unstuck" but, it should be JUST a restart, not a cache refresh, assuming with "refreshing" you really mean a cache refresh ( the "regenerating airport cache" percentage running ), and not the message "Airport cache loaded successfully", which indicates a normal restart.

If you are really seeing a cache refresh instead, it might indicate the previous cache regeneration failed, so it will try to do it again so, you need to let it complete at least once. Of course, if you are constantly changing things in the Scenery library, like enabling/disabling sceneries each flight (not really useful in P3D), you are not helping, since you are basically forcing a cache regeneration at every flight.