Author Topic: GSX Couatl Constant Restarts  (Read 6929 times)

grouner

Re: GSX Couatl Constant Restarts
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2022, 02:13:03 pm »
After the most recent update, disabling the AI jetways in SODE no longer stops the cache loop at KORD. Even with all AI traffic stopped, the loop continues. The airport is no longer useable. Please help!

GRouner

airlinenicholas

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2022, 04:18:06 pm »
I am also getting a constant restart and I don't know how to fix it! I have something similar to the other people in this post!
Nicholas Delvecchio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2022, 07:21:12 pm »
With the SODE AI detect set to false the sim works as it should, but of course there is no jetway connection to any AI aircrafts at any airport equipped with SODE jetways. I've used this feature without issue for a long time, and enjoy the extra immersion. This issue started after I updated the GSX on 11/24.

In my video, I show jetways that docked with AI so, clearly, I also had the SODE AI detection enabled, otherwise they wouldn't work.

Papacoach

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2022, 04:34:26 am »
Didn't watch the video. Your system working is irrelevant to me obviously.

For those that are facing this issue I've been able to find an alternative that is reproducible and makes my system functional.

When I load at Kord I let the loop do it's thing for the first cycle. I then select customize airport position from the GSX menu, that menu window will close by itself within 4-5 seconds of it being opened, I then select it again immediately and it will stay open. I keep it open for 15-20 seconds to be sure the loop is dead. At this point I can close the menu and all services have worked completely for me for that departure. The jetways for the AI will also function as they should. Hope this works for you until we can find a real resolution. Good luck!

I have not tried flying into Kord, but will when I have some extra time.

Don't waste your time deactivating/uninstalling/reinstall etc... It did not change anything for my system even though I removed all fsdt products and their associated folders and so forth.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2022, 04:39:41 am by Papacoach »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2022, 01:37:03 pm »
Didn't watch the video. Your system working is irrelevant to me obviously.

It's obviously relevant to at least made you suspect you might have another problem, and that GSX in itself doesn't do that. That's the whole point of testing: NOT to say "I don't believe you", but to HELP YOU trying to find other reasons for the problem, possibly a conflict with something else.

You said yourself you used P3D V5, that's why I spent some time testing KORD in P3D V5, following your report so yes, the vide WAS relevant to you, even if you decided looking at it wasn't worth your time.

Don't waste your time deactivating/uninstalling/reinstall etc... It did not change anything for my system even though I removed all fsdt products and their associated folders and so forth

That alone would indicate the problem must be somewhere else, like an unknown conflict with another addon, or some setting.

grouner

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2022, 01:53:34 pm »
What about my issue with this problem. I updated this morning with the most recent (12/5) update and the problem still exists, cache keeps looping when AI SODE attempts to dock with plane. However, now, with all AI turned off and SODE set to false on AI detection, KORD still loops cache. I have P3Dv4. I can't use this airport now because of this. Before the 12/3 update, I could at least turn off SODE for AI jetways and the looping stopped and AI planes were active. I am attaching the most recent SODE log so you can see the looping.

GRouner

Papacoach

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2022, 06:34:54 pm »
HELP YOU

"Help" would have been you responding to why opening the airport customization window creates the predictable responses. Why might the window close on it's own the first time, and then stay open and disrupt the loop the second time restoring stability... Did you look at the sode log submitted by the other customer? Did it provide clues about some interaction? If you did, great! What can you surmise from your new understanding? Could it be simconnect/sode/couatl/fsuipc? What are the possibilities?

grouner

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2022, 08:53:43 pm »
From Papacoach's suggestion (thank you!), I was able to open the "Customize airport positions" and see, for some reason, all the parking spots had been assigned jetways. Not sure why but I will have to take the blame for this. I corrected the issue and rebuilt the cache. KORD then seemed to work fine. I came back later today and went to KORD. I received a message that KORD was in trial mode. Not sure why as it showed registered. Then everything involving FSDT KORD disappeared. I looked under Add-ons and there was no couatl settings, couatl Live Update, or GSX. I shut down the program then did a ctrl/alt/del. The task manager showed couatl was running. I shut it down then restarted P3d. Same thing happened. I shut down P3d and checked the task manager again. Showed couatl was running. I shut it down then did another FSDT update. Started P3D, went to KORD, and the looping started again. I was able to get the "Customize airport positions"  window open. Everything then began to work properly. I shut down P3D, waited a few minutes then checked the Task Manager. Couatl script engine was still running. I shut it down again then restarted P3D and went to KORD. The cache reloaded 5 times. I was able to open the "Customize airport positions" then closed it. Airport started functioning normally.

It seems what Papacoach reported is exactly the same that I am experiencing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2022, 10:32:25 pm »
I shut down P3D, waited a few minutes then checked the Task Manager. Couatl script engine was still running. I shut it down again then restarted P3D and went to KORD.

Then this is the only real issue, which of course is not normal. First, just to be sure, you mean Couatl64_P3D.EXE, right ? Just to be sure you are not loading the 32 version for some reason, which might start, but it's no longer tested or supported.

If you are running the correct version, the possible reasons why Couatl wouldn't close automatically are:

- It couldn't receive the standard Simconnect "Quit" command, either because Simconnect was too busy because too many add-ons sending too many commands at the same time, or simply because the sim crashed, even silently, before it was able to send it.

- The antivirus might interfering

The cache reloaded 5 times. I was able to open the "Customize airport positions" then closed it. Airport started functioning normally.

No, the cache hasn't reloaded 5 times, you probably have seen the message being refreshed 5 times, but I assure you it loaded only once.

grouner

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2022, 02:45:36 pm »
Just started up P3D at KORD this morning. Everything appears to be working. Wish I (we) knew what happened but thankful it is working now.

Papacoach

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2022, 04:25:44 pm »
Curious about this: MsgWaitForMultipleObjects Failed with error 87

When Monitored AI is over 80ish couatl restarts itself repeatedly and records error 87 in the log. It lists AI Monitored and WaitObjects size. If the AI are less than 80 things seem to work fine. However, this is only at KORD. At kmia, katl, or similar AI Monitored can exceed 150 with no ill GSX issues.

I've changed nothing in my AIG traffic volume or models. The trouble began when I updated GSX on 11/24 with no change in subsequent updates. Maybe something in resource handling has changed in combination to recent GSX updates...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 08:18:51 pm by Papacoach »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2022, 11:49:08 am »
Curious about this: MsgWaitForMultipleObjects Failed with error 87

This is basically a catastrophic Windows error, which has nothing to do with GSX and, it's usually caused by Simconnect being so overwhelmed by too many add-ons spamming too many commands in a very short amount of time, that GSX is never called enough time to flush its queue of commands.

We haven't changed anything in the way this method works, surely not in years.

teje724

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2022, 10:17:55 am »
Hello to all, I am also having the same issues after downloading this recent update. Attached is my log. I am utilizing P3D v4.5. Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2022, 02:56:45 pm »
Hello to all, I am also having the same issues after downloading this recent update. Attached is my log. I am utilizing P3D v4.5. Thanks!

There's nothing in your log that shows any problems. Please describe exactly what is happening

teje724

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2022, 08:39:07 pm »
Hello Virtuali, I am having the same issues as the other posters. With the gates reloading constantly. The only fix I have found so far is to utilize the customize airport positions and GSX will work as normal. Any insights?