Author Topic: Custom ILS leads to insta CTD using A310 from inibuilds  (Read 1515 times)

Ankh

Custom ILS leads to insta CTD using A310 from inibuilds
« on: November 20, 2022, 08:14:05 pm »
According to their (inibuilds) discord. FSDT LSZH seems to be affected, any plans to resolve this issue? According to inibuilds, it was communicated during SU11 beta to the devs that this could lead to issues when an addon plane uses NavData API for WASM.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Custom ILS leads to insta CTD using A310 from inibuilds
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 12:17:59 pm »
If it was communicated during the SU11 Beta, it surely wasn't communicated openly, since the only references to custom ILSs in the official Developers forum was there are issues disabling default data, but nothing about crashes when using the Navdata.

But that's really besides the point, is not that Custom ILS are wrong or made outside the SDK specs, if the Navdata API has issue with those that could even cause a crash, it must be fixed a the API level, I really hope they are not expecting that:

- Each and every scenery that has a custom ILS should remove it, eventually resubmitted to Microsoft ( if it's on sale on the Marketplace ), waiting for the Navdata to be fixed in the meantime ?

- After the Navdata issue is fixed, each and every scenery that has a custom ILS should add it back, and resubmit it again to Microsoft ?

In any case, here I am, sitting in the A310 at FSDT LSZH RWY 14, with ILS tuned and working normally.

Ankh

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 03:00:28 pm »
In any case, here I am, sitting in the A310 at FSDT LSZH RWY 14, with ILS tuned and working normally.

This is not where the issue is lying in, are you able to enter a FMC flightplan using LSZH either as departure or destination? Or using a simbrief flightplan with LSZH either as departure or destination and import this one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2022, 05:14:00 pm »
This is not where the issue is lying in, are you able to enter a FMC flightplan using LSZH either as departure or destination? Or using a simbrief flightplan with LSZH either as departure or destination and import this one?

Sure, works fine, tried both manually adding LSZH/LIMC with some waypoints in between, and also importing a Simbrief plan from LSZH/LIMC.  And to be absolutely sure the issue didn't only happen for departure, I also reversed the plan to be LIMC/LSZH, works as well.

Screenshot attached with the latest plan, from LIMC to LSZH, imported from Simbrief.

Note that, I'm using the latest SU11 Beta Hotfix, perhaps this problem has been fixed by Microsoft already, surely only then can fix a CTD, the scenery obviously didn't do anything wrong, and expecting everybody to remove custom ILS "because WASM might crash" it's not really feasible, there might be hundreds of airports with custom ILS.

And of course, I removed Microsoft Zurich, that's another thing that should be checked, maybe the crash is only happening with two sceneries for the same airport are installed ?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 05:16:57 pm by virtuali »