Author Topic: No baggage for the DC-3  (Read 1294 times)

triflyman

No baggage for the DC-3
« on: November 19, 2022, 10:13:21 pm »
Just set up the new Microsoft DC-3 for GSX.  All worked fine except there is no baggage loaded.  The conveyor belt moves into position...a baggage train sits in its position on the tarmac, but then just moves out of the area and never goes up to the aircraft.

Appreciate any ideas on how to get baggage to load.

Garry
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No baggage for the DC-3
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2022, 12:40:13 pm »
It would be useful if you posted your profile.

triflyman

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 05:49:46 pm »
It would be useful if you posted your profile.

Not sure what you mean by "profile"...can you elaborate on what you're looking for please?
Thanks
Garry
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 10:07:03 am »
Not sure what you mean by "profile"...can you elaborate on what you're looking for please?

If an airplane is not already internally supported by GSX, it *requires* creating an airplane profile before you can use it in GSX. The DC-3 is surely not included in the GSX internal database, something you could have checked by opening the Airplane customization editor, which would have said the airplane is not already pre-configured.

In this case, before you can do anything with GSX, you must create a configuration for it, by setting all doors and other connection points correctly.

I suggest reading the relevant part in the manual, called "Airplane Customization", which starts at Page 51.

fcmusician

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 03:56:55 am »
Just set up the new Microsoft DC-3 for GSX.  All worked fine except there is no baggage loaded.  The conveyor belt moves into position...a baggage train sits in its position on the tarmac, but then just moves out of the area and never goes up to the aircraft.

Appreciate any ideas on how to get baggage to load.

Garry
Hey Garry > It does work. I set mine up for baggage unloading only for the cargo version. The belt loader comes around and moves into place and then the baggage cart moves in behind it and either unloads or loads as requested. You need to edit the plane at the front Left cargo door icon popup editor for the aircraft. I have attached a file for the DC3
Frank B^)

triflyman

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 11:02:45 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Yes...I had set up the Airplane Customization prior to my inquiry...but my mistake...the baggage does show up...quite a while after the passengers have loaded.  I just wasn't waiting long enough as I expected baggage loading to actually start before passenger loading...which is my real-life experience.  So instead of an issue I have a request...could we get baggage loading as a separate request (not part of passenger loading) so it could be started sooner.  Other reason this would help on the DC-3 is that on the passenger version the baggage door is so close to the passenger door the passengers end up walking through left side of the cart.

Thanks,
Garry
Garry

triflyman

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 11:05:13 pm »
Thanks fcmusician,

I did find the problem was mine...see my reply to Umberto above.  I did download your file as I have not set up any cargo versions yet and want to.

Garry
Garry

fcmusician

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 11:59:16 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Yes...I had set up the Airplane Customization prior to my inquiry...but my mistake...the baggage does show up...quite a while after the passengers have loaded.  I just wasn't waiting long enough as I expected baggage loading to actually start before passenger loading...which is my real-life experience.  So instead of an issue I have a request...could we get baggage loading as a separate request (not part of passenger loading) so it could be started sooner.  Other reason this would help on the DC-3 is that on the passenger version the baggage door is so close to the passenger door the passengers end up walking through left side of the cart.

Thanks,
Garry
That is what I was hoping for. Separate the services. Hate it when the baggage and passengers go at the same time when there is only one door to deal with.
Frank B^)

alquivir

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 04:35:49 pm »
also not really close as too many cargo doors.
Also, the height etc... I was trying to add embedded but impossible..