Author Topic: No Buildings  (Read 6442 times)

afraj

No Buildings
« on: March 01, 2010, 07:17:08 am »
For some reason after a while all buidings dissppear, Please help me correct this problem. I looked at different threads, but it looks like during several issues or several ways to fix it. Addon manager is accessible

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 11:24:56 am »
Addon manager is accessible

That's not enough. The Couatl menu should be accessible as well.  First, be sure you are using the current version of the Addon Manager. If not, download and install its Stand-Alone installer.

Check if you have the following file, AFTER you see the buildings disappearing:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.err

afraj

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 07:38:52 am »
Where do i get the current Addon Manager.

afraj

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 08:30:14 am »
All right i have the Addon Manager 2.7.0.19. The Couatl menu is available, the only available submenu is Key Mapping. The file that you said i should look for, Where is it locate it in details? Can you give me the full folder name.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:46:59 am »
All right i have the Addon Manager 2.7.0.19. The Couatl menu is available, the only available submenu is Key Mapping.

This means everything is fine and running correctly.

The file that you said i should look for, Where is it locate it in details? Can you give me the full folder name.

As I've said in the previous message, the file is located at:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

this IS the correct folder name. If you type this in any explorer window, or in the white area that opens up when you press the button with the Windows logo, and press ENTER, it WILL open the correct folder.

It's not sure you have the Couatl.err in that folder. You only have it if there was a problem when running the software. If you don't have it, then there was no problem.

afraj

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2010, 06:20:23 am »
Umberto everything is working fine now. I started FSX and waited a while at KLAS, KJFK and PHNL and the buildings did not dissappear. I think the problem was coming from not properly registering the scenery. If i get anything else in the future when i install my other sceneries i will let you know. Thanks For the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 09:29:19 am »
I think the problem was coming from not properly registering the scenery.

No, that surely wasn't the problem. If you don't register the scenery, or your activation gets lost for any reason, the scenery will not disappear, but it will revert to Trial mode, meaning all buildings will be displayed, but only for 5-6 minutes at time, and a message will indicate that Trial mode is in effect, when you enter the scenery.

The disappearance of buildings doesn't have anything to do with activation, it's simply an indication the software is not running, for any reason.

What fixed it was probably that, while re-trying, you rebooted Windows, which can help in case FSX wasn't closed properly.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:31:18 am by virtuali »