Author Topic: Is YVR2 purchased in MSFS marketplace different from version on FSDreamteam?  (Read 2287 times)

FlyingAce

Is YVR2 purchased in MSFS marketplace different from version on FSDreamteam? If same, why can't I manage it with the FSDT Universal Installer?
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

FlyingAce

Is YVR2 purchased in MSFS marketplace different from version on FSDreamteam? If same, why can't I manage it with the FSDT Universal Installer?

I don't know why no one has provided an answer to the question above yet. I had to find an answer on another group. Maybe this next question would get a response hopefully...

Is it possible to move the YVR airport add-on purchased in MSFS marketplace to another folder, so it can be managed by either the FSDT Installer/updater, or by the MSFS Addons Linker app?

Thank you in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 12:19:02 am by FlyingAce »
Tony B.

i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, ASUS GTX1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM, 500GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD, 2 ASUS 24" monitors and 1 Samsung 19" monitor.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The version on the Marketplace is exactly the same as the one we have on sale here.

There's no way to manage products bought on the Marketplace with the FSDT Installer/Updater, since they are encrypted, so we can't change any files there, and there's also no way to convert a Markeplace product into a product bought directly, both because Microsoft doesn't provide any way to verify a license or share any data about their customers but, even assuming they would ( they will never do that ), such operation won't surely be free, assuming it was possible ( it's not ), because we paid Microsoft a fee to let you buy a product there, and we pay *another* fee to use OUR licensing system so, at minimum, you would have to pay some kind of fee to "upgrade" a Marketplace purchase.

But this is of course completely useless to discuss, since Microsoft doesn't have any way to verify a purchase happened on their system.