Author Topic: Purchased on MSFS Store but Can't Find "kord.bgl" File?  (Read 1181 times)

NotBuckets

Purchased on MSFS Store but Can't Find "kord.bgl" File?
« on: January 01, 2023, 10:49:51 pm »
I purchased FSDT's KORD from the MSFS store, and uninstalled the default Asobo version. When I next ran the Live Update, I got an error for missing "kord.bgl" file.

Do I need to also download something from the FSDT addon manager? Should that have come when I downloaded KORD from the MSFS store? When I tried activating "FSDT Chicago O'Hare for MSFS" on teh Add-On manager, it wants a key- I haven't seen anywhere to find that from the MSFS Version.

It's my first time posting for something like this, so apologize if it's all over the place- still getting the hang of things

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Purchased on MSFS Store but Can't Find "kord.bgl" File?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:53:22 pm »
You are not supposed to manage an FSDT scenery that has been bought on the MS Marketplace with the FSDT Installer.

When the installer updates GSX Pro or does an Update all, if a version of an FSDT scenery is found in the Official folder, an unencrypted version of the scenery airport .BGL file is being downloaded and placed in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder, so GSX can read its data and use it, since it won't be able to read it otherwise, since it's encrypted.

This won't really matter if you use the SU10 Navdata API in the GSX Pro Config, which will allow to read encrypted airports with no need to have a separate .BGL for GSX use.

Could you possibly give some extra details about that error ?

NotBuckets

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2023, 02:38:36 am »
You are not supposed to manage an FSDT scenery that has been bought on the MS Marketplace with the FSDT Installer.

^This is the main question I had- thank you. So I don't need to do anything in the FSDT installer if buying from MS Marketplace.

I was getting an error that interrupted the whole process when running the Live Update that (I'm sorry I didn't' screenshot it at the time). I was reading here and tried some quick possible fixes (clearing cache, admin settings, etc). I also uninstalled/reinstalled from the MSFS store and of course now I'm not getting the error :)

Thanks for the response- I'll be purchasing from FSDT going forward to make things easier.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 12:18:28 am »
So I don't need to do anything in the FSDT installer if buying from MS Marketplace.

Yes, if you don't have GSX. If you have it, the updater will be useful to install custom GSX profiles for FSDT sceneries automatically. But it will be done when updating GSX itself, not the airport.