Author Topic: Accelleration F-18 Brakes  (Read 29607 times)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
Re: Accelleration F-18 Brakes
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2008, 04:35:52 am »
I posted a video response to your test Fael (
)... I am convinced it is due to wheelbarrowing and an induced lateral moment (from the pilot).  You can see in your video the increased force on the nosewheel from heavy braking.  Also can be seen in mine (as is 100% brakes from 155+ to 0kts) esp. when I input full forward stick (to *increase* down force on the nosewheel to increase the wheelbarrow in hopes of inducing a Ground loop).  If I input side-stick, yes I can initiate the slide, but then... that is my fault as I am using (even more) improper technique.  :o

Just because the aircraft will Ground Loop doesn't mean there is a problem with the model... the fault usually lies (as IRL groundloops) with us as buggy pilots.  ;)

Rob O.

o-m-g
wtf? how? for god, i cant do that. is it really 155kts?
i swear im gonna uninstall this shit right now

ok i just removed my joystick to test... im accelerating to 110kts, then i set power to idle, full flaps, speedbreak, until 100kts, then i hold period to brake and bam, it slides, i didnt even touch the controls...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 05:05:40 am by fael097 »

hollywood

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2008, 05:47:30 am »
i have noticed that when you apply the brake and try to turn it applies differential brakes... could this cause the issue?

Great Ozzie

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2008, 07:56:02 am »

Ctrl+Z info says it's 161kts which can be seen on the original .avi file (I cut throttle at 155 or higher... ).  Btw I did it over and over that way seeing as high as 170 kts (it could have been higher... I was only looking for a minimum cut speed) both with flaps and w/o. 

I was going to suggest something about your controller (in case there was an uncommanded aileron input) but unplugging it should have resolved that issue.

Maybe you should try the re-install.  I would use the install procedure listed here: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=121&topic_id=428207&mesg_id=428207&listing_type=search as David Roch has excellent install tips for FSX (especially for DX10 and nVidia drivers)

I'll second his re-install procedure with... nothing running in SysTray (esp. anti-virus) or any other "programs".  I defrag/reboot after every uninstall or install.  Sure it takes longer, but I think it's worth the effort.  Fwiw.

Rob O.

BlakTiger47

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2008, 11:19:15 pm »
Just to add to the confusion of how many people have this problem. I have FSX-A on both my brother's and my computer and the sliding occurs on both computers.  ??? Man this is rediculous. I love this game but i can't land the damn plane. I can but its only by strokes of luck that i manage to get it under control when it starts spinnin.
"Get It Up, Get It On, Get It Down"
-Blue Angels
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Light the Fire

vortex_25

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 04:49:22 am »
Try the following:

Go to Settings > Realism, under Flight Model, move the slider for General to mid-point (i.e. half way) and save.

I did this, and no longer experience any sliding when I apply brakes at any speed during landing.

diga

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 04:31:02 am »
I think it is not necessary to apply brakes when you land, like somebody already mentioned and do apply very little when the speed is around 50knts - spoliers ON. Also how is your Joystick? Do not twist it and  hold very lightly and check it.
Vista Ultimate 32
GA-P35-DS3R
FSB1333
Intel E6750
4GB Memory 6400
Gigabyte 8600GT
FSX with Acceleration
500GB HD
Mitsubishi RDT 22" WIDE

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 06:23:27 am »
Try the following:

Go to Settings > Realism, under Flight Model, move the slider for General to mid-point (i.e. half way) and save.

I did this, and no longer experience any sliding when I apply brakes at any speed during landing.

LOL!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? IT WORKS !!!!!! HAHA

thanks a lot for your help, if you need something you can ask me :)