Author Topic: Geneva airport buildings  (Read 7820 times)

Lynxboy

Geneva airport buildings
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:26:46 pm »
This is my first post here due to technical issues.

I've had the Geneva airport installed for a month or so now and think it's brilliant, just love flying in and out of it. All has been ok up until recently and the problem of airport buildings has arisen.As I say, haven't had a problem until now.

When I start FSX, I get a message to say that there is a problem with the couatl.exe file and that it doesn't have a verified digital signature. The only option is to press 'OK' and FSX continues to load as normal.

I've read other posts about the same problem and have acted upon advice given.

- Downloaded the latest stand alone installer, performed an install and allowed it to download the required files.
- Downloaded the fixes for JFK. A few links to hotfix downloads on this forum don't work though, even the Geneva one.

In the addon-manager in FSX, the option to reinstall is greyed out. I'm not sure if this option should be available?

Any help or advice would be most appreciated. I understand this has been mentioned a dozen times already but I'm eagre to get this scenery to work again.

Regards, Adam.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.20Ghz
4Gb DDR3
GeForce 9800 GT
Windows 7 Professional

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Geneva airport buildings
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 09:58:28 am »
When I start FSX, I get a message to say that there is a problem with the couatl.exe file and that it doesn't have a verified digital signature. The only option is to press 'OK' and FSX continues to load as normal.

I guess this is the main problem, and you are the first one ever rerporting something like this.

All our executables are digitally signed, as required by FSX. The whole point to digitally sign a file, is to ensure the has the same version the developer delivered, and it hasn't been corrupted, either by a bad download or by a virus or something.

So, if you are getting a message saying the file doesn't have a correct digital signature, it means it has been corrupted in some way, either by a bad download, or a virus on your machine.

You can verify the digital signature yourself, bu right-clicking the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe file, and select the "Digital Signature" tab.

Lynxboy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 07:31:47 pm »
The couatl file has no .exe suffix so as this is the only file in the directory named as such, assume this is the one.

Upon right clicking, I get the usual menu but no 'Digital Signature' tab or ption, nor is this tab present when I go into the file properties.

I can only assume the file has become corrupted somehow as there is no virus on my machine. System Mechanic Pro is set up to scan weekly.

Would it be an idea to resintall this scenery?

Thanks for your response so far.

Adam
4Gb DDR3
GeForce 9800 GT
Windows 7 Professional

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 10:26:49 pm »
Upon right clicking, I get the usual menu but no 'Digital Signature' tab or ption, nor is this tab present when I go into the file properties.

This surely means the file on your disk is not the same we have delivered online.

Try to remove it, then reinstall the scenery.

Lynxboy

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 04:52:41 pm »
I completely uninstalled the Geneva scenery from the Programs List in the Control Panel, including couatl and addon manager.

I then downloaded the package again and re-installed.

Upon running FSX, I still have the same problem of no buildings appearing, however the other problem of the digital signature of the couatl.exe has been resolved.

It seems bizarre that this has just happened - I've not installed anything else FSX wise.

Regards, Adam.
4Gb DDR3
GeForce 9800 GT
Windows 7 Professional

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 08:22:10 pm »
The usual question:

- Do you see the Addon Manager AND the Couatl plugins menus under the Addon menu ?

Lynxboy

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 09:30:26 pm »
The only option under the 'Addon menu' is Addon Manager, no mention of Couatl.

Adam
4Gb DDR3
GeForce 9800 GT
Windows 7 Professional

Lynxboy

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 11:17:24 pm »
Right then. The problem is solved.

I uninstalled LSGG once again and reinstalled, this time turning off my firewall and antivirus and it has worked!

I didn't opt for this method previously as I'd installed it with both running first time round and it was ok; I just can't understand why it has just chosen to pick fault.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Regards, Adam.
4Gb DDR3
GeForce 9800 GT
Windows 7 Professional

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 01:29:50 pm »
I uninstalled LSGG once again and reinstalled, this time turning off my firewall and antivirus and it has worked!

There's a reason why we always said to turn antivirus and firewalls off. The antivirus might wrongly identify the program as a threat, and the firewall might block the self-updating ability of the installer.