Author Topic: ENBR for FSx and AES  (Read 16752 times)

dmike

ENBR for FSx and AES
« on: February 22, 2010, 09:16:17 pm »
This question has probably been asked many times on the old cloud 9 forum. But any news regarding the update for AES?

Cheers;

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ENBR for FSx and AES
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:20:22 pm »
As far as we know, Oliver should be able to do the FSX version entirely on his own, since there's already an FS9 version done.

At least, this is how he did all our other airports that had AES in FS9, for FSX.

dmike

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 09:35:55 pm »
Thanks for the extremely fast reply.

OK. Guess It's only a matter of time then.

Cheers;

Michael Jessen

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 12:56:04 am »
Cloud 9 had released an update to the FS9 version of Bergen that made it AES compatible.  The FSX version never got that update.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Holgi

• simtexture - FS Aircraft textures
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 10:12:24 pm »
Why not get the FSX version an update? That is my question!

Regards ...

Holgi

for A318/A319 repaint requests and many more, look here
an overview of all my repaints can be found on simtexture

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 11:38:34 pm »
Why not get the FSX version an update? That is my question!

Already answered in my previous post: in case of ENBR, there's no need to update the scenery to support AES, other than providing Oliver with the needed source files of the scenery, which of course we already did for FS9.

Until now, Oliver has been able to create the FSX version of an airport that already had AES in FS9, without any need for our intervention.

This is how he did all the other FSX version of our FS9 airports, we didn't do anything extra when AES for FSX was released, and we haven't been asked to make any changes to ENBR in FSX so, I guess that if AES doesn't come, it's because Oliver might have other priorities right now.

Holgi

• simtexture - FS Aircraft textures
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 04:09:17 pm »
Many thanks and sorry, i'll write oliver, he told me it would be up to you!

Greeting

Holger

for A318/A319 repaint requests and many more, look here
an overview of all my repaints can be found on simtexture

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 05:03:44 pm »
Many thanks and sorry, i'll write oliver, he told me it would be up to you!

Alright, I've checked again, and found an email from Oliver of 2+ years ago, which discussed some additional work he did on his own on ENBR for FS9 to support AES, because how the scenery is made, and this was done by tweaking the FS9 .BGL files.

The issue is, he can't do it in FSX anymore, since the objects are in FSX native format, and they can't be excluded in the same way, since in FSX we are not using .BGL files to store terminals anymore, but use C++ and Simconnect to draw objects so, that method wouldn't work anymore, and it would require considerable support on our part, both on the scenery and more so on the Addon Manager itself, that would have to work together with AES.

Considering that more than 2 years have passed since that email, I've just forgot this specific issue with ENBR, but Oliver never requested anything related to having ENBR in FSX either, that might have helped recalling what the problem was...

ENBR is the only airport we did that was made in a way that would require *that* specific additional tweaking, later sceneries were made from the start taking into account AES, so I can't say we have too much of an incentive (considering all the other things we are working on), to modify both the scenery and the Addon Manager, just to have ONE, 3+ years old Cloud9 product, working in the FSX version of AES.

So, for the time being, I'd say you should consider ENBR to be non AES-able in FSX.

Thralni

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 01:07:07 pm »
Right, I'm sure no change at all has come to this topic, but I just wanted to ask: is there anything new with respect to AES support for Bergen's FSX version? Please consider it seriously. There is a dire lack of AES supported airports in FSX's (and FS9's) Scandinavia. We have Stockholm, Oslo and Trondheim, and that's it. It would be great if Bergen would get AES support too. I of course don't know how much work it will be, but I would be ever grateful if you did the necessary work to make it compatible. I would offer to help in some way, but I'd be useless anyway...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 02:12:45 pm »
Right, I'm sure no change at all has come to this topic, but I just wanted to ask: is there anything new with respect to AES support for Bergen's FSX version? Please consider it seriously.

Nothing has changed regarding AES support for ENBR but, we'll soon have our own solution so we'll not have to depend on AES to have such kind of services in our airports.

Thralni

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 02:26:27 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply!

Nice to hear that you'll have your own solution. You can probably already think what my next question will be, but... will this "solution" make it to FSX Bergen?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 04:14:06 pm »
will this "solution" make it to FSX Bergen?

I wouldn't mentioned it as a possible solution for ENBR, if it didn't.

Thralni

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 04:17:31 pm »
How true. Thanks for answering!

Thralni

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 07:29:44 pm »
Right, just seen the announcement of GSX. Seems like ENBR is getting ground service! Can't thank you enough for this!