Author Topic: Are jetways for the e-gates (regional jets) not movable?  (Read 2227 times)

airlinetycoon

Are jetways for the e-gates (regional jets) not movable?
« on: October 20, 2022, 03:31:19 pm »
Are jetways for the e-gates (regional jets) not movable?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Are jetways for the e-gates (regional jets) not movable?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 03:38:29 pm »
Exactly, they have a non-standard compass-like animation method that is not supported by MSFS. That's why we setup walking paths for all those gates, to be used with GSX.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 04:39:08 pm »
Thank you Umberto.
Pity. Is this still planned for the future as it is in the manual? Maybe the same way as ORBX did at Yeager Airport KCRW? The regional jetways there are also movable.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 11:38:31 am »
Pity. Is this still planned for the future as it is in the manual? Maybe the same way as ORBX did at Yeager Airport KCRW? The regional jetways there are also movable.

I seen a video, they just seem to be very low jetways, using the standard movement method, not really like the ones at KCLT, which moves with their wheels making an compass-like arc.

The issue is, we had modeled like in real-life KCLT, because in the P3D version we have them as a specific SODE type, so they did move realistically.

I guess we might have remodeled them in MSFS by just lowering their height and losing their specific and unusual kinematics, but that would have resulted in a less realistic type and, since they are closed, and we wanted to show off custom GSX Walking Passenger paths, we decided to have them static ( but looking as they look like in real life ) and have passengers always walk there, because of the many doors with small stairsteps, which are also way more interesting to see, when using GSX, which of course it's free to use at our airports.

airlinetycoon

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 01:17:13 pm »
Thanks for the feedback Umberto, I appreciate it. Yes, I also think it's the default method, but it doesn't really look bad. It would be really fantastic if you could look at it again in CLT. The scenery is so good and there is so much regional traffic there. It's missing those special jetways a little bit. I made a little clip that shows the movement of the jetway in KCRW well.

https://streamable.com/wey33k

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 01:42:31 pm »
It's missing those special jetways a little bit. I made a little clip that shows the movement of the jetway in KCRW well.

That's confirms exactly what I've said: they just modeled standard jetways, just lower.

The ones at KCLT don't move like that, they are not extensible, they just pivot with the wheels dolly fixed and performing an portion of arc, so they are not really doable with the default MSFS system.