Author Topic: New Refueling Aircraft  (Read 23543 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: New Refueling Aircraft
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 06:33:46 am »
Just some more eye candy...

Flying the Delta Hornet over Hawaii.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 07:35:17 am »
This just ROCKS!!

There is a traffic.bgl file that has the KC-135 Drogue flying from KSAN to KSFO at 1200L/2000Z, as an AI Traffic.  There are other flight times in the readme, but was using this a daylight refueling attempt.  The refueling gauge works as advertised, look at the last pic.  Mucho, MUCHO THANKS JR!!

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:12:54 am by Sludge »

SUBS17

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 10:10:25 pm »
You should use the FPAS screen in the MFD to monitor fuel flow in Falcon I use the Bingo page in the DED which is similar and allows me to keep an eye on the refuelling progress whilst not having to look up to see the tanker.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 10:33:11 pm »
Why the FPAS instead of the Fuel page that I have on the Center MFD?  I personally prefer the Fuel page, so that I can see my total fuel and the fuel distribution into the center/wing tanks.

Also, w/this gauge, you do need to keep the jet stable within a "window" as it not a realistic "grab and catch" basket, that keeps the basket locked to the refueling receptacle.

Later
Sludge

Paco

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 01:36:19 am »
Sludge,

Couple of questions.  It that Hawaii scenery default or add-on?
   Can I use that refueling gizmo on the stock or sludge Hornet?

One comment....to be specific it's, "2", "lead you're on fire", "I'll take the fat one"

And lastly regarding formation skills.....if you're a bad stick, but smart...fly lead,  if you're a good stick but stupid..fly wing  if you're stupid and a bad stick...fly chase IP.
Paco

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 02:16:59 am »
Paco...

Its an add-on, MegaSceneryXHawaii.  Yes, its very easy to install on any plane in FSX.  Simply get the Refuelling Gauge from JR and install just like any other gauge.

Ill get that corrected, dont wanna be wrong in your quote and it was hilarious.  Liked the formation skills bit too!  Forgot about those since Ive been out of primary for a long time.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:44:32 am by Sludge »

Letourn

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 03:56:59 am »
I know its an old topic but i always wanted to have a KA-6 or S-3 for refuelling. I bought the RAZBAM A-6 Intruder on sale and found out there was a flyable KA-6D into the package and thanks to "Bone" from SOH who told me that an AI version was also available and that you can used it with FSRecorder. So I tested it and its working fine with FSR and with a Flight Plan that i created. When the AI take off gears Up and the drogue is deployed. In the EA-6B Package should also include an AI KC-135 but i havent bought it yet.

Just wanted to let you know.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:03:47 am by Letourn »

wilycoyote4

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 04:18:59 am »
That's great news.  The Razbam $5 USD Sale is on to theend of October, I think.  I got the A-6, the EA-6B, and the A-7 package 1.  I may add more.  Been doing carrier ops with'em   so far.

GOONIE

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 06:25:54 pm »
Letourn,

Very cool, wish the KA-6D's were still flying. What software did you use to make the flight plans for the AI tanker? I wanted to add AI Tankers to the old TGS mission through a flight plan but so far have been unsuccessful. If I gave you time (year/day/hour) and lat/long cords, could you build a flight plan for an AI tanker?

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Letourn

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 02:11:31 am »
Hi Capt

I am using AI flight planner. Its quite easy to create a regular flight plan from Airport x to Airport y at a certain level and time. If you want to create a pattern with waypoint you need to create virtual waypoint(virtual airport) and thats a lot harder.

Creating a FP for a mission its something else and way out of my league you need to talk to Orion about that and from what i know you need another proggy than AIFP.

You can also use FSrecorder fly and record the pattern you want and then replay using the 'advanced play" feature and replace the airplane with the AI version

Let

Wily....i got the A7 vol 1 and 3 and its a nice plane cant wait for the Javier 1980 version

GOONIE

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 04:23:38 am »
Thanks Letourn, I'll give that a try.

Definitely want to get the Razbam A-7 and add another carrier classic to the sim hanger. The Vietnam era carrier would be great too. Has Javier given any updates lately?

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Letourn

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2011, 12:57:30 pm »
Cap,

Last time i heard he was working on it this summer but no ETA.

If you need any help with AIFP let me know

Letourn

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 03:24:23 am »
I did some more testing with tanker the S-3B Viking from IRIS adapted to FSX (Freeware) you can deploy the drogue by using " CTRL-W" but FSrecorder will not show you the drogue in replay mode. I havent tried it in multiplayer
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:11:19 pm by Letourn »

Letourn

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2011, 03:39:29 am »
Loaded the Airbus A330-MRTT (KC-45A) freeware by Tom Ruth for some flight testing and its working fine. There is three models, the regular model, Multiplayer with animated drogue and Boom using "SHIFT-E" and the Fix drogue and boom. The Animated model work fine with FSrecorder and you can use the FIX model for AI flight planning.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2011, 08:04:30 am »
Letourn...

I have that tanker too but just haven't made an AI Traffic file for it yet. Would rather go with that, and work on my refueling after my carrier missions but that will be after I get some Sludge mods tested and completed.

Later
Sludge