Author Topic: Afcad in 1.0.2  (Read 4997 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Afcad in 1.0.2
« on: February 21, 2010, 02:32:01 am »
Ok so the new afcad is great. One small problem. When I updated some of the parking codes and added fuel trucks, and went to compile the new afcad in ade, it deleted all the approach files. Meaning when I am going into the gps in the sim to select a runways approach there isnt any, meaning all of the runways are designated visual even though they are actually ILS runways.

THere is one way to fix this, and that is to load stock data in ade, but Im assuming if I do that, wont I lose the crosswind runway feature that is included in the fsdt afcad?

Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Afcad in 1.0.2
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 03:03:59 am »
It's an ADE problem: it seems that it always set all the DeleteAllApproaches (and similar) flags to True, without the ability to change them. At least, they are always greyed out in the Airport properties, not sure if this is a bug or is intended.

The solution is to instruct ADE to generate an XML file of the airport when compiling, edit the generated XML to set DeleteAllApproaches to False, then compile the XML with BGLCOMP

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 05:57:43 am »
Ugh that sound complicated. If I upload it can you do it for me? Ive never even done that with bglcomp before. Ill try but can you help me out?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 06:16:23 am »
Ok, I edited the xml to say false for approaches. How do I get it to compile into a bgl? I thought I just draged the xml into bglcomp and it did it for me, and I did that, but no bgl came out of it.

OOPPS nevermind. It worked.