Author Topic: Question About New Universal Installer  (Read 944 times)

glc100o

Question About New Universal Installer
« on: October 05, 2022, 07:52:31 pm »
I have GSX Level 2 and several airports for P3d v 4.5 on my computer and will be purchasing MSFS soon. All my P3d files are on one drive. I have a folder FSDT>Addon Manager>FSdreamteam which contains some subfolders referencing all the airports from FSDT installed. I run FSDT Live Update to update all the FSDT programs.

In any event given my current set up I am unsure how to install and use the new Universal Installer. Do I uninstall FSDT Live Update? Will the Universal Installer find all the current airports and GSX for P3d currently automatically? Given that the P3D airports are somewhere, where do I point the Universal Installer to as the location of all my airports including the ones I will purchase for MSFS?
Since I will be installing MSFS on a different drive from my P3d I also want to make sure that there will be room on the current  drive for everything from FSDT including the new MSFS airports.

Rather confusing for me.
Thanks
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question About New Universal Installer
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 10:51:39 am »
It's way easier that it seems:

just install the FSDT Universal Installer and it will update into your existing "Addon Manager" folder, which was already setup to NOT be placed "inside" P3D ( unless you manually directed to it, something we always suggested against ).

From the Addon Manager folder, the Updater will be able to handle all the FSDT products that are already there and, in fact, the FSDT Live Update is still there, just with a different look. All products for MSFS will stay in the "Addon Manager\MSFS" folder, and whatever code or files they share with P3D ( GSX for MSFS shares lots of files with GSX for P3D ), it's not something you need to be concerned with, the installer and the updater knows what to do.

glc100o

Re: Question About New Universal Installer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 10:37:56 pm »
Sounds great,  thanks for the explanation Umberto.

Greg