Author Topic: KCLT Charlotte V3 ?  (Read 1357 times)

Alexair

KCLT Charlotte V3 ?
« on: July 25, 2023, 05:44:03 pm »
Hi y'all,

I wonder is a V3 version of KCLT will be built?
Will definitely be needed as the V2 doesn't reflect pretty well the actual airport.

First of all, there is a bug with the actual scenery:
There is this big bridge on the taxiway betwwen 36L and 36C, plane crash on it when trying to go over it. Should be flat.

For the changes needed to be made:

On those 2 screenshots, the terminals are missing, just an opened area with chelters. Also, all gates on terminal E have jetways now.

This area need to be rearranged as it serves now as taxiways

The new Sullenberger museum is located here, still being built but the hangar is complete (will open in 2024)

All the taxiways between taxiway E17 and gate E39 have been changed. The yellow centerline is still present (for A320/737 and up) but now they have added a blue taxiway centerline and an orange taxiway centerline on each side of the yellow centerline, that permit to have 2 aircraft crossing on different direction (CRJ/ERJ) to increase taxiing efficiency. Also, in order to have 2 aircraft crossing each other on the same taxiway they have decreased the grass area between the terminal E and taxiway C:

Here is an exemple how it is done, all the markings (BLU, ONG and all circle spots ie 31W) as well as the blue/yellow/orange colored lines are painted on the ground in real life.

The new ATC tower is not lighted red on the top but blue starting from the bottom and upward

Last but not least, what about the new terminal T that is being constructed (almost finished, same size and north of terminal A)?

I can provide more details and/or real pictures/data if needed just PM me.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 08:11:07 pm by Alexair »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT Charlotte V3 ?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 01:05:29 pm »
I don't see any screenshots.

In any case, please don't confuse issues or bugs with things missing because the real airport has been updated.

- Bugs should be reported clearly, we'll check for them, and they won't surely require a new version

- Things missing because the airport is undergoing constructions, are a completely different issue. V2 was correct at the time it was released.

Whether we'll decide to make a new version because the airport changed, is another matter we need to decide but, in general, airports are not sold as a subscription service ( like Navigraph ) where you pay a monthly fee to keep them updated with real life changes.