Author Topic: Can't See Buildings **solved**  (Read 16798 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: Can't See Buildings **solved**
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 12:22:26 am »
Yes the coutl and addon manager are there. Let me get you some screen shots. Only half of the scenery is loaded when fs finishes loading. Do you happen to have any form of instant messenger?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:23:19 am »
Ok, I understand, there's no need for screenshots. So, you now have HALF of the main terminals visible ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 12:29:22 am »
Ok when fs finishes loading all that is loaded of the scenery is the ground photo texture, and the cargo and ga buildings. None of the terminals are loaded. My start position is on I think 4R and always has been. Once I slew over to the termainal area, all of the termainals load except for gates 14-23 and the interisland terminal. I have to get really close to those two terminals inorder for them to load.

Is that a better explination?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 12:39:57 am »
Ok, so we are now back to the original explanation: all the buildings loads, but there's a range problem, which is not what is supposed to be.

You said that, if you slew close to a terminal, it will appear. But, when happens when you slew backward to your original position ? Does it disappear, or does it stay ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:20 am »
It stays. Here are some more shots. If I slew back 8miles till the buildings dissappear, then move back towards the airport, it takes me back to square 1 with the buildings not loading till really close to them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 12:49:06 am »
Ok, so you have your correct 8 nm range, but only after they are loaded once.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any explanation. Does it happen at PHNL only, or in other FSDT airports ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 12:55:24 am »
Its happening with all of your scenerys. DO u think the anti virus could be interfering? It didnt use to do this. I idk whats happening.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 12:59:26 am »
No, the antivirus will either allow the programs to run or not. In case the antivirus is blocking them, you won't see any buildings and no menus as well.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 01:00:40 am »
Any ideas at all? Id hate to see this go unsolved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 01:03:11 am »
I don't really have any idea what's wrong with your system. I will send you a special debug version of the modules tomorrow.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 01:04:43 am »
Ok thanks man. I really appericate it.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 01:16:07 am »
I figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked at my compatibility settings for fsx.exe, and I was reading on avsim forums that changing the compability to vista, or vista sp2 would somehow make the sim run more smoothly, but that seemed to be what was keeping the buildings from loading, soo I unchecked the compatibility settings and its working now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 01:27:02 am »
I unchecked the compatibility settings and its working now.

That's what I've said in one of my previous posts:

The compatibility mode shouldn't be touched, meaning it needs to stay without any of the compatibility modes enabled

This is valid for both FSX and the Couatl exe. I really can't see why one would suggest to use a compatibility mode to make the sim running better. What compatibility mode does, is to re-route file read/write into folders that a Vista/7 user can write to, for older program that do not take into accout non-writable folders in Vista/7, like C:\Program Files, C:\Windows, etc.  so, if anything, the program should run slower, not faster, since every file access is re-routed...

In any case, FSX is fully Vista-compliant so, there's no need to enable any of the compatibility modes. The only Vista/7 feature that FSX doesn't support, is Aero but, it's automatically disabled anyway, when FSX starts.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 01:49:53 am »
Truth is, is that I forgot that I changed the fsx.exe compat settings, and I thought that you were refering to only coutl and changing its settings aswell. OO well, problem solved! YAY :) thanks for all the great help Umberto!!!