Author Topic: Can't See Buildings **solved**  (Read 16797 times)

COA777

Can't See Buildings **solved**
« on: February 17, 2010, 02:03:08 am »
Hi ya'll today I loaded up the simulator in Honolulu since I wasn't there for a while and I saw that the buildings weren't there. Before it was working fine after I put in the register key now it doesn't work. I got no idea what's going on here.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:55:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't See Buildings
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:26:34 am »
Try this first:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

COA777

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 11:59:45 pm »
I dont have any anti-virus programs but I uninstalled the scenery. Then when I downloaded again I keep getting these errors. Those are just some of the errors I get I didn't want show all of them or I would be here all day  :-\.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 12:01:32 am by COA777 »

COA777

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 03:22:15 am »
Nevermind after downloading the windows update it works fine now.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 11:55:40 am »
It wasn't the Windows update that fixed it, it was the fact that you rebooted Windows.

Those errors were caused by the fact you ran our installer when FSX was still not fully closed so, the installer couldn't copy files, because they were still locked by it. The reboot solved the issue, of course.

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: Can't See Buildings **solved**
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 11:00:57 pm »
Im still having issues with the buildings not loading even with the update. When approaching 4l just the cargo buildings along with taxi signs and trees load when I am on about a half mile final. The terminal buildings load when I am about 500ft to 1000ft away. This part is really interesting, the interhawaii terminal and the middle terminal(gates 14-23) dont load till I am like 20 feet away. That isnt right to me. Would changing the compatibility of the coutl.exe make a difference? Or running it as admin?

I am also still having issues with texture flickering around 4l and 4r about mid runway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 11:15:03 pm »
I can only confirm that, all main terminals loads at exactly 8 nm, not less not more. In any case, this problem doesn't have anything to do with this thread, which is related only to buildings missing *entirely*, because something is preventing our software to run, which is not this case.

The compatibility mode shouldn't be touched, meaning it needs to stay without any of the compatibility modes enabled, otherwise it wouldn't just run. And no, running as admin wouldn't make any difference. Again, these things might worth checking, only when trying to understand why the software is not running at all. This isn't the case: if you are seeing buildings, just the loading has been delayed, which means everything is working.

The only possible explanation, is that another addon is clogging Simconnect with so many commands, that our own are received with a delay. It might be worth trying to disable *every* other 3rd party module in DLL.XML and EXE.XML, by setting the <Disable> tag to True, then trying one by one, and see if it makes any difference.

And, I can't see any runway flickering either. The added mesh should prevent this, and I doubt you have a mesh higher that 4.75 m/pixel taking priority over our own.

Note that, as explained already, to get our mesh to display ( there's nothing to "see", it's just flat, but being flat at highres, it should fix any other mesh that might cause the problem ), both mesh-related sliders in the Graphic Settings needs to be set at 100.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 11:42:39 pm »
Ok, I figured out the flickering is cause of the mesh that I have from fs dreamscapes. Would you like me to look at my dll.xml and exe.xml?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 11:43:53 pm »
As I've said, try to put the <Disabled>True</Disabled> line on each module (except the Addon Manager) and see if it makes any difference.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2010, 12:04:12 am »
It doesnt make any difference. Next idea?? The termianl buildings arent even loaded I press fly now after its done loading.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 12:10:41 am »
The termianl buildings arent even loaded I press fly now after its done loading.

Now I'm confused: you first said that the buildings loads fine, but only when you are very close to the airport, now they don't load at all, even when at the airport ? The normal behaviour should be, the terminals should load with a 1-2 seconds delay, after the rest of the scenery is loaded.

What happens if you press ESC, as if you wanted to end the flight, but then return to flight ?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:13:07 am by virtuali »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 12:12:16 am »
Nothing. Im baffeled.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 12:13:43 am »
What's your Scenery Complexity setting ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 12:16:13 am »
Extremely dense and LOD is at Medium.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 12:20:56 am »
And you DO see both the Addon Manager menu and the Couatl menus ?

Also, can you reply to this ?

Now I'm confused: you first said that the buildings loads fine, but only when you are very close to the airport, now they don't load at all, even when at the airport ?