Author Topic: AFCAD using AFCAD2 and exclude file  (Read 26758 times)

ghiomkl

AFCAD using AFCAD2 and exclude file
« on: February 16, 2010, 06:39:26 pm »
Hi
Here is my setup:
* PHNL gates and runways made with AFCAD2. Added some cargo spots...Uses all runways except 8R/26L
* 1HNL for military base (requires all military traffic using HNL to be changed and compiled with 1HNL). Uses runway 8R/26L
I will post the exclude file later.
Ghiom

ghiomkl

Re: AFCAD using AFCAD2 and exclude file
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 04:42:45 am »
As promised.

sicilian

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:13:47 pm »
Thanks for the afcads and exclude file. These perform very well for me.They have also solved my
problem with transparent runway,taxi and apron textures (see earlier post topic). I don't know why.
But they have. I now am able to have the terrain detail slider maxed out again.

mille grazie
sicilian

ghiomkl

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 04:42:54 pm »
Well, I am glad for you.
I must say I don't like ADE9 and prefer to stick with the good AFCAD2.
Regards,
Ghiom

pappyboyington

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 01:30:05 am »
Very good job!. Took out the C9 C-17's bgl and replaced with MAIW and AK Package and now have great military traffic out of 1HNL.  Let me know if you want me to post the FP here.....If you don't have this scenery Honolulu....well you are missing out on one of the best sceneries made for Flight Simulator 2004.

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 10:44:47 am »
It would be nice if someone would write a step by step on how to integrate, Military Ai to PHNL.
With the latest version, I have increased parking spot in military area, so it will change a lot the traffic.

Tom C

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 02:37:47 pm »
It would be nice if someone would write a step by step on how to integrate, Military Ai to PHNL.
With the latest version, I have increased parking spot in military area, so it will change a lot the traffic.

The easiest way is to go to http://www.militaryaiworks.com/ and download their files from Avsim and Flightsim.com.

If you want, I can see what files I have installed that show up at PHNL and put a list together.
Regards.

Tom C.

simbio

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 06:13:07 pm »
Yes the only package i see with flightplan on MAIW website is Hickman base C-17, what about implement other aircraft ?

Tom C

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 07:44:25 pm »
Yes the only package i see with flightplan on MAIW website is Hickman base C-17, what about implement other aircraft ?
It will be a long list, I have just about all MAIW files installed and most of the large ones visit from time to time.

Before I had to re-install everything, I quite often saw anything from A10, F15, F16, F117, F22, C17, C5, Air Force 1, B1-B, B2, many Navy jets and some other foreign Air Force and Navy jets around the field.
Regards.

Tom C.

pappyboyington

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 09:50:41 pm »
I recommend getting the Alaska Islands AI Package by Dan Borque available on avsim and flightsim ...which includes military AI for Hawaii and install the MAIW package called C-17. You do not have to remove the C-17 bgl file, if you prefer having a mix match of ANG C-17's. All the flightplans and airports must be de compiled by TT tools and where the flightplan says' PHNL change to 1HNL, also add 1HNL to the airport file put the same Airport   co-ordinates as PHNL.

Now all military traffic will be on the Hickam airfield, and all civilian traffic will be on the PHNL side.  BTW , it looks great. If you can find a copy of Adobe AI download it.

philipvjensen

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 02:18:05 pm »
hey thanks for all the tips here, I installed an MWAI package and now I have buildings over my FSDREAMTEAM PHNL scenery, I cannot find the afcad that would create these buildings or is it it a landclass? Basically its added terminals and hangars over my PHNL. Any idea how to delete this?

cheers
Philip

global express

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 08:16:51 pm »
I did the exact same thing!!!

You must have deleted the file "AF9_PHNL.BGL".

I installed the two above AF2s and deleted the AF9 file without thinking. Went into FS and saw all the default buildings over PHNL. Doh! Quickly went in the reycle bin, restored it = perfect!

Saturn_29

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 03:33:51 am »
If I use this AFCAD instead of the ADE file what would I be loosing? Another words is there anything special in the ADE file that I would loose like navaids or something like that if I switched.

Hernan1

• Aviation artist
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 10:02:18 pm »
Hi Ghiom,
I just revisited this forum and noticed that you created the AFCAD files using the AFCAD2 and exclude files. I want to thank you so much for doing so on behalf of all flightsimmers who initially had problems updating the parking spots for this great scenery as I was the one who initiated this question and you were able to resolve it.
Thanks again,
Hernan  :)
DELTA is my airline

pschlute

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 08:15:00 pm »
I have a question.

If i use Ghiom's Two AFCADs and the exclude, will I not have a conflict with the original AFCAD (AF9_PHNL.bgl), which I read from above posts I need to maintain ?

Peter