Author Topic: Taxi to gate difficult?  (Read 5470 times)

curt1

Taxi to gate difficult?
« on: February 16, 2010, 01:05:47 am »
I would think the taxi to gate would be one of the easier things in FSX.  I've been trying to taxi without the use of the FSX help arrow, and find myself confused and lost much of the time.  With KLAS I get instructions to take certain taxiways that I follow utilizing the airport map.  Then I'm instructed to take C INNER, and I'm lost here.  I have to use the help arrow to get back on track.  So am I making something easy difficult for myself, or what's the secret to finding your way at an airport you're not familiar with?  Thanks.

Curt

pete_auau

Re: Taxi to gate difficult?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:04:04 pm »
maybe u shud  do  what i  do  is to print out the  airpor  diagram  of the aiports  from navigraph or other  web sites  and put hem ina  folder   like  the stars and sids  for that  airpor  time comsuming but  onece u done it  it there  all the time 

Putt4eagle

Re: Taxi to gate difficult?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 05:18:01 am »
I would think the taxi to gate would be one of the easier things in FSX.  I've been trying to taxi without the use of the FSX help arrow, and find myself confused and lost much of the time.  With KLAS I get instructions to take certain taxiways that I follow utilizing the airport map.  Then I'm instructed to take C INNER, and I'm lost here.  I have to use the help arrow to get back on track.  So am I making something easy difficult for myself, or what's the secret to finding your way at an airport you're not familiar with?  Thanks.

Curt

Curt,

I use two monitors. On the second I have FS Commander which is an amazing all around flight sim add-on. It is a little pricey but for what you get, worth it IMHO. You can zoom all the way in on the interactive maps and not only see the layout and taxi way labels but it connects with FSX and you can see your plane as well as other traffic move across the map. I use it to provide ground control when I do ATC with the main radar up on the other screen. The other option is to go to sites like AIRNAV.com and download the chart, as was said.