Author Topic: No GSX jetways on arrival at destination & Pushback badly sequenced  (Read 2527 times)

quentcor

Despite adding Coutl.exe and Coutl64.exe to my antivirus allow list, as well as Windows Defender, the GSX jetways at all airports where I have installed them, do not show up when arriving at an airport and I have to restart Coutl.exe to get this to happen after landing. The apron vehicles and marshaller do, however, appear when the gate is selected from the parking menu.

Apart from removing antivirus blocking, I have run FSDT Installer, as well as FSDT Live Update at least twice each and the problem of the GSX jetways has not gone away. What have I overlooked?

In my opinion, the latest version of Pushback is not an improvement. There was nothing wrong with the earlier version and it would be interesting to know why it was changed. The process is now cumbersome and it is unclear why the walker needs to insert the pin before the pushback truck moves to the aircraft. In any event, the latest version is badly sequenced. The apron technician (walker), for example,  is now able to unlock the pushback gear from the aircraft while he is probably 20 meters away! Quite a feat!

All the announcements about what is happening after boarding commences are somewhat superfluous. I prefer to watch, but others may find the announcements helpful.

The latest 'improvements' have been a little disappointing for me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No GSX jetways on arrival at destination & Pushback badly sequenced
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2022, 01:14:51 pm »
In my opinion, the latest version of Pushback is not an improvement. There was nothing wrong with the earlier version and it would be interesting to know why it was changed. The process is now cumbersome and it is unclear why the walker needs to insert the pin before the pushback truck moves to the aircraft.

Everybody obviously have a right to his opinion but, fact is, we have been heavily criticized about the previous Pushback being unrealistic and wrong, because the first thing to do, before connecting anything to the airplane, is to set the Bypass pin.

We confirmed, multiple times, the audio cues will be made optional in a following update.

quentcor

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 04:15:40 pm »
Fair enough Umberto, I will live with new version of pushback, but what about the problem with the GSX jetways not appearing until Coutl.exe is reloaded?

miata54

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 02:29:23 am »
I am also experiencing this problem. GSX jetways appear at the departure airport, but not at the arrival airport. Couatl has to be restarted for them to appear.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 10:29:18 am »
I am getting the same since I updated yesterday, it was working prior to the last update. When I arrive at an airport I need to restart Couatl to see the gates. I can select a gate from the GSX menu when I arrive and it identifies whether it has a jetway but the jetways don't appear unless I restart and rebuild the cache. It's OK on departure when you load into an airport. Tested with both FSDT Geneva and Orbx Stockholm. Using P3D v5 HF2.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 12:13:30 pm »
Quick update - the arrival gates worked just now at Nice airport - these are SODE jetways.

quentcor

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 12:48:04 pm »
Umberto, this is obviously more complex than I at first imagined and is going to take some time to fix, especially as most of the updates seem to favor GSX Pro.
Can you not make the earlier working version of GSX for P3D4 available for our use until the problems resulting from the problematic update are resolved?

yurirodin

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 11:03:17 pm »
I am getting the same since I updated yesterday, it was working prior to the last update. When I arrive at an airport I need to restart Couatl to see the gates. I can select a gate from the GSX menu when I arrive and it identifies whether it has a jetway but the jetways don't appear unless I restart and rebuild the cache. It's OK on departure when you load into an airport. Tested with both FSDT Geneva and Orbx Stockholm. Using P3D v5 HF2.

GSX jetways not appearing on arrival unless Couatl is restarted is still a problem at many airports. FSDT KJFK being one of them. I suppose you're working on a fix.

miata54

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2022, 11:15:18 pm »
It has been three months since this post originated and still FSX users have no solution to the missing jetways at arrival airports. Current and past updates have not solved this problem. Umberto, when might we expect a solution?

bobsave51

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 05:55:47 am »
Its the same here. Jetways are visible on departing , and not on arrival. But if i restart couatl the jetways appear. It happened after i did the update.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2023, 11:47:10 pm »
I am also experiencing the issue of GSX jetways not appearing on arrival at KORD in P3D V4.5.

December 22nd: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1685961723?t=2h27m52s
December 23rd: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1686769357?t=2h09m00s
December 28th: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1691108632?t=2h22m00s
Captain Kevin

cshark172

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 02:59:14 pm »
I also see this issue at FSDT KDFW.  No Jetways on arrival.  When I restarted the sim and spawned at DFW, Jetways were there.

kmax59

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2023, 04:13:18 pm »
I've had the same issue as well during my last 5 flights, no jetways on arrival, reloading couatl makes them appearing again, but that's quite frustrating

pat1015

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2023, 10:00:37 pm »
+1

Dantheman77

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2023, 03:38:24 am »
Bump.

Same issue and no response from fsdt