Author Topic: "transparent" runway & parking apron problem  (Read 6037 times)

sicilian

"transparent" runway & parking apron problem
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:52:23 pm »
Buon Giorno,

Here's the ONLY problem I am having. It seems that the runway,taxi & apron textures are transparent. I currently have the Megascenery Hawaii installed and in the attached jpegs one can see the underlying photoscenery. I have disabled  the megascenery and then the default underlying textures can be seen.
I have used flattens in the scenery config and tried various ADE9x airport altidude adjustments with no effect. I have downloaded and reinstalled the scenery. I have no other duplicate afcads.  I have removed all third party mesh  and I am at still at loss at this time of what to do. I have a Nvdia 5900 Graphics Card.
I have most of your sceneries recently KFLL and this is the first difficulty I have had. Am I missing something? Is there a difference in the runway,taxi and apron texture structure technically in PHNL vs those in KFLL?  Please note that I am not complaining, I appreciate and enjoy your sceneries very much.
Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Sicilian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: "transparent" runway & parking apron problem
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:39:13 am »
There's no difference whatsoever in how PHNL and KFLL are made.

The apron texture is in the AFCAD file so, the only possible explanation is either you have another AFCAD in conflict or, by editing the PHNL AFCAD, the apron polygon was somewhat lost and, you might have created a duplicate AFCAD yourself, because ADE always creates a BGL with a new name when saving back, unless you specifically tell it to use the existing name.

sicilian

Re: "transparent" runway & parking apron problem
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 02:04:30 am »
Umberto,

Thanks for the response. I believe I have reached the "wall" with my "old" NVDIA 5900 Ultra with DX9.0c.
It appears to be a rendering problem with the apron, runway and taxiway textures. (see attached). Rest assured I did not find any rogue afcads.....anywhere in the FS9 files. I reinstalled the original AF9_PHNL which I had saved before making my ADE file and had the same results as earlier. Also in the Scenery config I tried PHNL enabled with only the default layers 0-39 enabled  below it, eliminating any 3rd party sceneries.

What I did discover was when I adjusted FS9 display settings for terrain from land and water to
none, the textures were rendered but were still transparent. Again see attached jpegs.

Unless I am mistaken, this is my "old" AGP video card unable to render these particular textures. I am running on Windows XP also. My intuition tells me that a new system may be in the future.

The scenery still looks great over the Magascenery Hawaii except for the transparency as noted.
Nota Bene: this is the first scenery I have experienced this with.

Any other thoughts or confirmation of my analysis would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Sicilian