Author Topic: Cockpit Hight/ Pilots position  (Read 15446 times)

madfreddy

Cockpit Hight/ Pilots position
« on: February 13, 2010, 01:59:00 pm »
Great Aircraft, fine work - but:
The sitting position is too high. The whole phantom is - from pilots perspektive - too high. You should not look over the plane standing next to it. I'm flying a lot formation with other F-4's

How could I change the sitting position??

Any guesses or help.
thanks
manfred

Madadog

• VFR Reviews
Re: Cockpit Hight/ Pilots position
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 05:36:16 pm »
When I want to adjust the pilot's eye level in the VC (in any FSX aircraft), I press Shift+Enter (to raise the eye level), and Shift+Backspace (to lower the eye level). These are the default FSX eye level key commands. Hope that helps.
Adam "Madadog" Johnson.

“Madadog, 1.5 miles. Madadog, roger ball, yaddi, yaddi, yadda."
"Hmm...I am a bit left. Are you sure you can't move the carrier over a bit?"

Ray

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 01:58:55 am »
I don't think so. I think what Manfred is talking about is that the virtual cockpit 3d model is situated too high in reference to the external Phantom 3d model. You will notice it quickly when recording a flight with the Phantom (e.g. using FS Recorder), and then loading that recorded file as AI aircraft, again using the Phantom and trying to be the wingman to yourself. As soon as you taxi alongside your (first flights) Phantom Lead, when looking out of the VC, you look down on the cockpit of the lead aircraft.
So it is not about the relative eye level but the absolute level of the VC above ground, or rather in reference to the external airframe model.

Madadog

• VFR Reviews
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:46:35 pm »
Oh, okay, I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying that.
Adam "Madadog" Johnson.

“Madadog, 1.5 miles. Madadog, roger ball, yaddi, yaddi, yadda."
"Hmm...I am a bit left. Are you sure you can't move the carrier over a bit?"

madfreddy

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 08:25:49 pm »
Thanks Ray, yes this is it, what I mean. Can I chance that VC position. If yes, how???

Thanks for help.

Manfred

Bugstomper

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:38:15 am »
I don't think so. I think what Manfred is talking about is that the virtual cockpit 3d model is situated too high in reference to the external Phantom 3d model.

Thats not correct. I can assure you that the VC model matches exactly the exterior model, noone better than me knows it, trust me.

marte21

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 04:51:33 pm »
Yes there is a problem with the reference point. If you try to fly with it using Ibnet, and change the model for a MTL, it is always "hovering" over the floor. It is the same in other multiplayer systems or with fsrecorder.

I have been using the MDL for FSX, and tehre is the same problem too. It is always hovering in MP. It is a pity....

madfreddy

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 08:15:39 am »
So we named the problem. Is it a big deal to fix it? May be, we can fix this bug ourselves?

Manfred

So there is definitly a problem with the pilots position. He is sitting to high!!
Any response from the makers of the F-4??
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 05:48:41 pm by madfreddy »

madfreddy

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 05:51:21 pm »
I'm still looking to solve the pilot's level in VC-Cockpit.
I don't want to look over another F-4, I want to sit level with the pilot of the other a/c.

Any succestions from the makers of the Phantom. Should be an easy problem to fix??

Manfred

Ray

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2011, 08:14:00 pm »
Thats not correct. I can assure you that the VC model matches exactly the exterior model, noone better than me knows it, trust me.

I have to disagree. Here's proof for the displacement between the virtual cockpit model and the exterior model of the beautiful C9 Phantom:

I recorded the F-4, parking on the apron using FS Recorder. Then I replayed that recording, with the virtual cockpit of the "original" Phantom activated. The virtual cockpit model is parked at the same spot, only shifted a few feet to the starboard side.
I suspect, since the Cloud9 team no longer exists, this issue probably won't be solved?

madfreddy

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2011, 08:36:07 am »
Thanks again to you, Ray!!

Great picture, showing exactly the problem.
So, there ist no easy way, to change this VC hight position? That would be too bad, because thats the only bad thing about the cloud 9 Phantom. But also it's a pretty heavy fault.

Manfred

madfreddy

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 11:05:30 am »
Came on guys an makers of the Phantom!

Is there any suggestion, how to fix this hight-problem. If you tell me, its not makable - fine! Then I quit asking.
Greets

Manfred