Author Topic: No Terminals in JFK and ORD **solved**  (Read 11725 times)

viennaman

No Terminals in JFK and ORD **solved**
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:22:47 am »
HI,

I bought a brand new computer (fast), downloaded the sceneries, added them to FS9, Reactivated them and when i go to the cities, i see only the gateways but no buildings. Please help

Marek EHRLICH
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 04:28:02 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Terminals in JFK and ORD
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 01:26:43 pm »
As explained, many times already, if you don't see the scenery, it doesn't have anything to do with activation. If the scenery is not active, it will NOT disappear: it wil run in full for 5-6 minutes at time, and there will be a sign announcing the Trial has started.

So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with activation.

As usual, check the following:

- Have you noticed error messages during the installation ?

- Do you see the Addon Manager in the FS9 top menu bar ?

- Have the sceneries being added in the Scenery Library menu ?

- Have you configured the antivirus properly ?

The correct antivirus configuration is:

- Install with the antivirus TURNED OFF ENTIRELY

- Before launching FS9, configure the antivirus to exclude the MODULES\bglman.dll file from scanning

viennaman

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:34:58 pm »
I installed it correctly  with no error messages - i have the addon manager in the fs9 - i activated all 3 sceneries (Zurich, Ohare and JFK) and i uploaded them in the scenery library menu - i have no antivirus program. So waht shall i do ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 03:01:18 pm »
and i uploaded them in the scenery library menu - i have no antivirus program. So waht shall i do ?

What do you mean "I uploaded them in the scenery library" ? You are not supposed to do this, because the installer will automatically add them to the Scenery Library.

If it didn't, then something has gone wrong during installation and, instead, if you added them twice, because you added but they were already there because the installer put it there, it's normal you don't see anything, because a double area for the same airport will not show any scenery.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 03:03:13 pm by virtuali »

viennaman

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 03:37:35 pm »
They were uploaded automaticaly, but then you have to add them in the scenery library of the fs, where all the add on sceneries go. That needs to be done manualy.

MArek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 03:56:13 pm »
They were uploaded automaticaly, but then you have to add them in the scenery library of the fs, where all the add on sceneries go. That needs to be done manualy.

No, it doesn't.

As I've said already, there's NO NEED to manually add the scenery to the scenery library, because the installer does it. And, if you add manually another entry, when there's no need to, you will not see the scenery, because this is what happens when there are two entries for the same scenery.

Instead, if the installer did not add the scenery to the Scenery Library, it's not normal at all, that's why I've asked if you had any errors while installing because, this is usually a result of an aborted install, which also explains why you don't see the scenery, since not all files were installed.

viennaman

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 06:14:50 pm »
Okay so waht shall i do now - erase them and install again ?

viennaman

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2010, 07:07:25 pm »
I erased all thre sceneries and installed them again. THey are not put automatically into the scenery folder of the FS. So then i add them manually by going into the ORD/scenery - no texure. Than the scenery appears and i reload the FS. Then - NO Buildings. I can also not  register the scenery through the addon manager. Really getting frustrated

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 12:50:31 am »
I erased all thre sceneries and installed them again. THey are not put automatically into the scenery folder of the FS.

Nobody said they are automatically put into the "scenery folder of the FS" (not sure what you mean here). They are put into the fsdreamteam folder, under the main FS folder.

However, they ARE automatically added to the SCENERY LIBRARY (which is not the same thing as the scenery folder) and it shouldn't be necessary to add them manually.

If they aren't, then something is very wrong with your system.

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you are using the current installer that is online, and not an older version instead ?

So then i add them manually by going into the ORD/scenery - no texure.

Do you mean that, the first time you add them manually to the Scenery Library ( which shouldn't be done in the first place, because they ARE automatically added, this is confirmed), you initially see all the scenery, but without textures ?

Than the scenery appears and i reload the FS . Then - NO Buildings.

This is not what usually happen, with ANY scenery. The first time you add a scenery in the Scenery Library, it will NOT show up, until the next time you restart FS9. FS9 give also a red warning about this.

Instead, from your description, it appears you are seeing exactly the opposite: you see the scenery immediately when you add it to the Scenery Library (which, as I've said, shouldn't be done, because the installer does it), but it disappears when you restart FS9.

Which is exactly the opposite to what happens normally, and with any scenery, not just ours.

can also not  register the scenery through the addon manager

You said yourself that you already registered the sceneries with the Addon Manager successfully, on your first message. So, it's quite obvious you can't registered them anymore, since you registered them already. This should be confirmed by the Addon Manager itself, that should show a scenery as "Active" if you choose the About option.

In any case, you should STOP thinking that your problem has ANYTHING to do with activation or registration. I already said it once: when the scenery is not activated and there's any problem with the activation, IT WILL NOT JUST DISAPPEAR!!

If you lose your registration for any reason, the scenery will go back to TRIAL MODE. Meaning it will work in full for 5-6 minutes at a time, with nothing missing. It will disappear only after 5-6 minutes, then you can launch FS9 again, get another 5-6 minutes of Trial, and so so, without limitation.

If the scenery simply doesn't appear, IT'S NOTHING RELATED TO ACTIVATION. It simply means there's a problem with the installation, and IT'S NOT an Addon Manager problem or an antivirus problem because, it if was, you wouldn't see any Addon Manager menu to begin with.

So, please, for the last time, just stop worrying about registration or activation, because your problem doesn't have anything to do with it.

Now, let's start from scratch again:

Are you sure you are using the CURRENT version of the installers that is online now ? If not, download them again.

viennaman

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 09:11:19 am »
HI,

i made some successfull  steps forward. I erased everything and installed - as you said the latest version of all 3 sceneries. Than i opened the FS 9 and they have been added automatically to the scenery librarary. Great so far. Than i went to Ohare and JFK and the building appeared that timw with NO docking arms bewtween thw building and the aircraft (Where people can get off and on). SO i erased all scenerie again and uploaded them. THis time, they didnt go automaticaly to the scenery library. IT took me 3 times till they showed up. But once again the airport was not fully completed. Its always the docking arms are missing. So whats now. Thanks for your help so far.

Marek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 01:16:38 pm »
Are you using AES perhaps ? The jetways on our FS9 sceneries are normal static objects so, they shouldn't have any problem displaying together with the rest of the scenery.

However, if you are using AES, they gets replaced by the AES dynamic versions, that need to first exclude our own, in order to display theirs. Could be the AES files are successfully excluding our jetways, but theirs are not visible, for any reason ?

Note that, if you have AES, its area should be at the topmost level in the Scenery Library, on top of everything else.

viennaman

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 03:37:30 pm »
Yes, i am using AES and it is on the first place in the scenery library - still no jetways. Waht shall i do next.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 04:05:45 pm »
Try to disable the AES area, at least you would know if the problem is there.

viennaman

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 04:16:57 pm »
Jetways are ok when i arese AES from the scenery library. So what shall do next. Thansk for having so much pashion with me.

Marek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 04:27:39 pm »
I'm afraid you should head up to Aerosoft support then:

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showforum=113