Author Topic: Spurious runways in Las Vegas on ATIS  (Read 4087 times)

pdubost

Spurious runways in Las Vegas on ATIS
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:39:28 pm »
I just got your LAS Vegas scenery for FSX, and I am getting a strange ATIS message giving "visual approaches" on non existing runways like 20, 21, .... I assume I have a scenery conflict. Any idea of how to fix it ?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:58:02 pm by pdubost »

FalconAF

Re: Spurious runways in Las Vegas on ATIS
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 05:50:52 pm »
You are using the "Crosswind Runway" AFCAD file for KLAS.  In order to create an AFCAD that uses more than just the default FSX runways at an airport, the AFCAD creator has to create "phantom" runways no more than 10-degrees apart in heading.  These runways don't actually show up in the scenery, but the FSX ATC recognizes them, and the ATIS for KLAS will "report them in use" during the ATIS broadcast. 

It's the price we pay with FSX for having crosswind runways active so the AI aircraft can use more than just one set of runways.  It helps out tremendously with preventing AI go-arounds and taxiway backlogs of the AI aircraft.  Most people just disregard the "phantom" runways when listening to the ATIS broadcast.  It's annoying, but a small price to pay to get better AI aircraft use in FSX.

pdubost

Re: Spurious runways in Las Vegas on ATIS
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 06:11:31 pm »
Thanks for the very clear response, I think I can live with it !