Author Topic: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.  (Read 41328 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro Short-term Roadmap: what to expect in the next updates.
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2022, 02:25:52 pm »
It would be great if we could create a pushback slot directly when we ask for pushback, not having to go through the airport customization menu, it would improve the flow.

That's exactly how it is right now. When you perform a QuickEdit pushback it will be automatically saved on the QuickEdit slow for that parking position.

Especially these days with the quick edit pushback not working sometimes.

I still unable to replicate this problem, QuickEdit works just fine and works exactly like having already created a Custom pushback slot beforehand.

Users reporting it say they don't have the pushback "dots" removed automatically and, since that code is IDENTICAL ( it's not a "copy" it is executing the SAME code ) to the Custom Pushback slot editing, I suspect the issue must be caused by too much traffic over Simconnect during Pushback that is not happening when editing the slot.

The appearance of new AI products that do AI injection and the reports of the sim possibly having a maximum number of objects visible at any given time, seems to confirm this so, it's nothing we have much control over it, since our code surely does ask the sim to remove all objects created during QuickEdit, which is the same code that runs when editing the slot from the editor.

Darewell

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2022, 02:55:11 pm »
I’m not sure it’s related to AI traffic, it happened to me yesterday in a small airport (LFLL Digital design) without any traffic (both traffic and ground aircrafts disabled in sim) and was not using any injector.

The dots stayed and push didn’t start.

Never had this issue before few days ago.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2022, 02:58:23 pm »
Never had this issue before few days ago.

Last GSX update was Oct. 5th, that is 12 days ago, and that update also didn't changed anything related to Pushback.

Darewell

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2022, 03:02:03 pm »
Yes I understand and don’t want to say it’s on your end.

Just trying to understand what could be the issue, maybe related to a change with SU10. And I’m willing to provide any informations that could help, as I find your pushback being a great tool, and don’t want to revert to manual pushback.

But to be honest I did the last update few days ago.

BadMotivatoR

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2022, 12:23:52 am »
What about the File options glitch?

Please clarify what you are referring to.

mmcmah

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2022, 04:55:43 pm »
Hello Umberto,

Would it please be possible to add an option to remove the nose wheel pin in the event that GSX crashes during pushback? Currently, you need to restart the flight completely or figure out how to get the airplane back to a gate and shutdown the engines and restart the process. Could a "remove noshweel pin" option be added even if it has no graphical representation?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2022, 04:22:43 pm »
Would it please be possible to add an option to remove the nose wheel pin in the event that GSX crashes during pushback? Currently, you need to restart the flight completely or figure out how to get the airplane back to a gate and shutdown the engines and restart the process

There's no need to do anything like that. It's not clear what do you mean with "GSX crashes" ( with an error ? If yes, which one ? ) but, regardless how it crashed, you don't have to restart the flight, just restart the couatl program from its Try bar icon, and:

- When the previous GSX session disconnects from the simulator, all the objects created by it will always be automatically removed by the sim itself, which includes the bypass pin.

- When the program restart, no status from the previous session is saved, which means even if the airplane was frozen by the pushback in the previous session, it would be freed up, just as if you started anew.

- There's no need to restart the flight because, if the program happened when the airplane was already outside the parking spot, on the next restart you'll be presented with the parking selection menu, so you can Warp the airplane on any parking, and redo the pushback if you want, or just stay there and continue taxiing from there.

WebMaximus

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2022, 05:19:34 pm »
One thing I would like to see is having the marschaller wait to announce clear left and right until he/she is in position and showing the bypass pin. Also for the marschaller to be on the right side of the aircraft to avoid walking in front of the aircraft once having waved the aircraft off.

I think this was mentioned before but I can't recall seeing a reply to this request.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2022, 11:07:39 am »
One thing I would like to see is having the marschaller wait to announce clear left and right until he/she is in position and showing the bypass pin. Also for the marschaller to be on the right side of the aircraft to avoid walking in front of the aircraft once having waved the aircraft off.

I think this was mentioned before but I can't recall seeing a reply to this request.

Noticed the big update released yesterday in perfect timing with SU11 with lots of great fixes as well as some new stuff in there. Reading through the release notes though, I didn't see anything mentioned about this one. Which IMO is a quite serious miss with ground crew walking in front of an aircraft which has already been waved off by the ground crew. In the same way, it also feels odd how the ground crew announce you are clear left and right when they are still not in position to do so.

@virtuali Can you please confirm if you have this one on your to-do list?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2022, 11:20:43 am »
@virtuali Can you please confirm if you have this one on your to-do list?

Yes, of course.

It's just we need to prioritize bugfixes, usability and compatibility, before adding anything new procedurally that really doesn't affect the program workflow, especially in this case, where a service ended, so it's not as if the rest of the flight or even GSX usage would be affected in any way by this.

WebMaximus

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2022, 11:44:37 am »
Yes, of course.

It's just we need to prioritize bugfixes, usability and compatibility, before adding anything new procedurally that really doesn't affect the program workflow, especially in this case, where a service ended, so it's not as if the rest of the flight or even GSX usage would be affected in any way by this.

Thanks for confirming.

Even when this doesn't affect the usage of GSX, it does affect the flight if you want to make it as realistic as possible. Hence my concern since I like to keep things as realistic as possible when flying.

Looking forward to have this addressed whenever you find time for it 👍
Richard Åsberg

tankieboy

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2022, 12:47:42 pm »
On the subject of Crew, would it be possible in a future update to be able to select the amount of crew and pilots? For example a Boeing 777-300ER has 12 cabin crew and the A320N has 4 cabin crew. Would love to see the correct amount loaded as per aircraft.

I think I have seen somewhere that you can edit the amount of crew within the program files, however this is a permanent change.

Maybe this can be done within the Airplane Customization options?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 09:14:28 am by tankieboy »

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2022, 10:20:21 pm »
Please consider my request to add a "disable all stairs"  GLOBAL option for entire world airports - why?  For those simmers who fly tubeliner jets and park only at airports with jetways! 

In most of the world, except for the US, the rear staircase is used for the cabin cleaning crew. Passengers won't use it if there's a jetway.

One more time, I am requesting you give consideration to the MANY sim pilots who fly 'exclusively' in the US- why not add a checkbox in settings to 'always disable rear stairs' at any airport that has jetways?  That way you give everyone a chance to enjoy 'true to life' realism for the AIRSPACE THEY FLY IN (USA).  I'm sure the rest of the world pilots won't mind if you add a checkbox to disable the rear stairs.  And all of your USA customers who fly commercial jetliners in the US will be thrilled to have this done with for our entire country!  THANK YOU for considering this, Umberto!  Happy holidays!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2022, 02:28:32 pm »
One more time, I am requesting you give consideration to the MANY sim pilots who fly 'exclusively' in the US- why not add a checkbox in settings to 'always disable rear stairs' at any airport that has jetways? 

As you can see from the huge release notes, with weekly updates and sometimes by-weekly updates, each and every suggestions that make sense will usually end up in an update, but we cannot anticipate exactly when.

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2022, 09:25:57 pm »
Please consider my request to add a "disable all stairs"  GLOBAL option for entire world airports - why?  For those simmers who fly tubeliner jets and park only at airports with jetways! 

In most of the world, except for the US, the rear staircase is used for the cabin cleaning crew. Passengers won't use it if there's a jetway.

Again, you are missing my point.  I fly EXCLUSIVELY in the US.  So why penalize me and force me to edit each and every airport in USA that I fly into or out of, just to get rid of the rear stairs which ARE NEVER USED IN USA airports that have jetways!  I feel like you are dodging the issue... and ignoring a large number of flight sim pilots!  WHY NOT respond with an 'improvement' to help USA sim pilots make GSX more true-to-life without a lot of editing on OUR PART?????  PLEASE???   Please ADD the requested checkbox in GSX settings to permit us to simply 'shut off' the rear stairs globally???  PLEASE???