Author Topic: 3D editor still crashing for aircraft  (Read 1881 times)

tango3000

Re: 3D editor still crashing for aircraft
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2022, 12:58:05 pm »
Hello,

Any news ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2022, 02:32:59 pm »
No, other than confirming what I already said that I cannot replicate it.

It would be helpful if you made a more precise report, like which airplane you used, if you started from an existing configuration or you edited it from scratch, etc. For example, if the airplane is already supported in GSX, try to RESET the configuration, so you start with a clean one.

tango3000

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2022, 08:44:09 pm »
i am sorry i have already ansered this, default airplane A320, default airport, same problem with 747 etc... edit from scratch even after configuration reset...

The logs are strange what is doing a message like : "C:\umberto\umberto_svn\couatl-dev-64\wx\_core.py", ? I don't have a directory named C:\umberto\umberto_svn\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2022, 06:37:59 pm »
There's no need to interpret the log your, if there was a clear problem in the log, I would have said that.

Since I said I can't replicate it, with the default A320 and starting from scratch, do you have other information about something specific to your system, like which other add-on that are running ? Something that might connect to the sim, or affect Simconnect.

tango3000

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2022, 10:01:28 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I use FSUIPC, RAAS pro, ...

But, I have tested (and had exactly the same problems) without thoses modules and with the community older empty (except 2 folders for gsx).

In my msfs2020 community folder there is 2 shortcuts (pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro and fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways):
  fsdreamteam-gsx-pro
  and fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways

My MSFS 2020 is installed in a dedicated directory c:\simu   (so outside c:\program files (x86) ).

GSX is installed in the default c:\program files (x86)  (I have also tested an installation in  c:\simu)

I have updated all .NET libraries, microsoft visual basis c++

Maybe is somewher a problem of rights management ? ?? I really don't understand where is the problem.  :-\

tango3000

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2022, 11:16:41 am »
Hello Umberto,

SU10

3D editor working if MSFS 2020 is in windowed mod ! It Crash again if I am in ful screen mod !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2022, 05:32:50 pm »
3D editor working if MSFS 2020 is in windowed mod ! It Crash again if I am in ful screen mod !

Just tried it now, works just fine in full screen mode too.

tango3000

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2022, 05:27:26 pm »
I think maybe there is conflict with arrow keys (in MSFS 2020 i have configured arroy keys to camera movement) / different behaviour between window and full screen ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2022, 01:13:53 pm »
I think maybe there is conflict with arrow keys (in MSFS 2020 i have configured arroy keys to camera movement) / different behaviour between window and full screen ?

It's possible.

One of the biggest problems in MSFS Simconnect, is an application cannot momentarily take keys for itself and prevent the sim to get the key. This was possible since FSX and according to the official SDK documentation is still possible but...it just doesn't work, that's why we had to choose keys which won't otherwise being used in the default Showcase camera, or are used for minor features but, of course, when you customize keys, unexpected thigs will happen.

In your case, having assigned to the camera the same keys as they one GSX expected to use, might be exactly the problem.