Author Topic: Why won't you accept my money - MSFS GSX Pro  (Read 1610 times)

Tomcat_22

Why won't you accept my money - MSFS GSX Pro
« on: September 20, 2022, 10:36:23 pm »
Unable to buy GSX for MSFS, tried using my credit card - failed.. PayPal - failed... different browsers as someone suggested - failed...

I'm completely out of ideas, did anyone else have issues buying GSX, is there another store to buy it from, if not, will it come to different stores eventually, I ended up getting pushback express as that was sold on the Sim Market store and obviously that works without a hiccup.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Why won't you accept my money - MSFS GSX Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 10:31:33 am »
You must understand that, when you are buying something from us, you are not really buying it from us, you are not even on our website anymore: the sale is processed by Digital River on their own site, and we don't have any details about your payment or the reason why it might have been denied.

Yes, I can see your failed payments, which at least indicates the problem was not your browser or something local to you: they have been really denied by Digital River but, again, since we are not processing the payment directly, PayPal wont' even speak with us, since we are not a party in the payment transaction, which is between you and Digital River.

What you should have done, instead, is contacting Digital River support at this address:

https://www.mycommerce.com/shopper-support/

They are the only ones who can tell you exactly why both your payments methods has been rejected.

Tomcat_22

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 05:28:28 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

Thanks for the reply and link, I've just written to them, here's to hoping something positive will come from it :)

On another note, will you be selling GSX Pro for MSFS on any other store at some point?

Kind regards
Thomas

Tomcat_22

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 07:57:07 pm »
Ok so I took up contact with the transaction handler and that seemed a like a low effort scam company, had 3 different email conversations and all 3 times a generic white girl name replied...
I'll wait till GSX is available on a different store or in the MSFS Marketplace.
Sure as hell not gonna do an EFT as 1 email replier said was possible, sure... why don't you just deduct it of the 5 million the Nigerian prince wants to send me..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2022, 08:12:30 am »
Ok so I took up contact with the transaction handler and that seemed a like a low effort scam company

Not sure what you are trying to say here, but that "low effort scam company" is a very well known and respected ecommerce provider, for the past 28 years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_River

Tomcat_22

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2022, 07:50:23 pm »
What I meant was that every reply I received was from a different person, there was no real help concerning my attempted purchases, best I got was ''we see you tried to buy and we see it failed, try again'' then I was told there were multiple other ways to pay however there are only 2 options upon checkout.
I can smell the fishy-ness, I today bought the new C510 Cessna with the same card I tried countless times to buy GSX (which failed every time, so did my PayPal) anyways, the C510 purchase went without a hiccup.

So here's to hoping GSX will come to either the MSFS MP or simMarket. Wish there would be a comment on weather that'll happen or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2022, 09:57:19 pm »
I was told there were multiple other ways to pay however there are only 2 options upon checkout.

There are multiple payment options, but they are not the same in every country. And, 2 payment options still count as "multiple" to me...

I can smell the fishy-ness, I today bought the new C510 Cessna with the same card I tried countless times to buy GSX (which failed every time, so did my PayPal) anyways, the C510 purchase went without a hiccup.

There's obviously no fishy-ness involved, which is of course absurd, considering how very well known Digital River is. Sometimes payments get blocked on a specific combination of seller and payment method for no clear reason.

The silliest one was PayPal blocking purchases of our KIAH scenery because it contained "sensitive material", which was just a stupid text recognition pattern because the airport is called "George Bush International", which of course is the real airport name, but some idiotic algorithm PayPal has in place detected "George Bush" as being something of a political and thus "sensitive" matter. We tried to investigate that for a long time, PayPal never admitted they algorithm is lame, yet they DID suggest we should have changed the product name, that's why there are no references to George Bush anywhere in the product name or description.

That was just an EXAMPLE about what silly things can happen when payment companies are involved, without any need to add all that drama about scamming of fishing...

So here's to hoping GSX will come to either the MSFS MP or simMarket. Wish there would be a comment on weather that'll happen or not.

We'll likely give the product to other retailers after we'll release the version that will read airport data from the new SU10 Navdata API, so it will work with any airport, including the encrypted ones from the Marketplace.