Author Topic: Crash to Desktop  (Read 4166 times)

Cthulhus

Crash to Desktop
« on: February 09, 2010, 01:26:43 pm »
Hello

Just get it ... But crash to desktop on scenry load or approch ! At 50% of load -> CTD ...

I have Zurich X, no problem... Much Aerosoft's scenery -> No problem ! Only with PHNL...

I first load with a default aircraft

Please tell me what's wrong ? uninstall / reinstall don't solve it

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crash to Desktop
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 02:39:23 pm »
A CTD in loading screen, it's usually a problem with terrain, like a corrupted texture.  But it might also due to an AI corrupted file/texture, an AI that doesn't fly on other areas so, you might have not noticed it before.

Have you done the most obvious test: loading PHNL without the scenery installed ?

Cthulhus

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 02:49:03 pm »
I found the problem ! That happen only with the winter texture set ! All is okay with summer texture...

And with or without your PHNL addon the problem appear so it's not your problem...

I don't know why I can't load that part of the work in default FS in winter... On the airports located close to PHNL, all are okay in winter... Only in PHNL... Strange

Maybe you have an idea?

All the best and thanks for help

Xavier

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 03:11:58 pm »
The most likely issue, is a corrupted default texture. It will probably happen not just at PHNL, but in other places that use the same landclass code that refers to the corrupted texture.

Difficult to find it, without trying to open each texture with the Imagetool program that comes with the SDK and, once you find it, you should replace it with the original version from the FSX installation disk.