Author Topic: bglmax.dll error message  (Read 14020 times)

patborman

bglmax.dll error message
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:31:14 am »
I receive the following error when running FSX. "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program (add-on)

Name: bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version: 2,7,0,16
File: bglmanx.dll
Company: Virtuali s.a.s

I'm running Windows 7, 32 bit operating system
AMD 64 X 2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.10 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTS Video Card with 1 GB Memory

I have both FS9 and FSX installed, but on seperate drives. The only third party software installed with FSX beside FS DreamTeam Scenery is Ultimate Traffic 2 from Flight1.
Please advise what the problem may be.

Thanks

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:08:43 am by patborman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmax.dll error message
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:44:03 am »
You are not running the current version.

Either reinstall the scenery, or install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, so the current one will be downloaded and installed automatically.

altena

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 11:54:09 pm »
What is the right version nowadays. After I installed PHNL, I got a warning from FSX for the bglmanx.dll version 2,7,0,21 and crashes to desktop again and again. After running the Add-on manager, I get the same window, however version 2,7,0,19 and  CTD's too. Is there a better version of bglmanx.dll?

Regards,
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 12:16:37 am »
The latest version is always automatically installed whenever you run any of our installers. They all take the same .dll from the same URL on the same server.

Which means, it's just not possible that, by running the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, you ended up with an older version compared to what you had before.

In any case, all versions runs fine without errors, but you might get that error, if you mixed somehow files from different versions. Which seems to be the case since, as I've said, it's just not possible to run the Addon Manager installed, and being downgraded to an older version.

Unless, this is a very slim chance, but is still possible, you are running without an internet connection so, you haven't got the latest version online, but you got the local copy that is included in the installer, which might be or not updated. But in THIS case, you should have seen a warning message from the installer, that told you an internet connection wasn't available, and the local copy of the files would be used instead.

This should be fixed this way:

- Uninstall the Addon Manager, replying YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl Engine?"

- Verify no bglmanx*.* ( 1 .DLL and some .DAT ) files are left in the main FSX folder. If they are, remove them manually.

- Reboot Windows

- Disable the Antivirus

- Configure the Antivirus to exclude the FSX\bglmanx.dll file

- Reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, be sure that IT IS downloading some files when it starts.

- Re-enable the antivirus

- If FSX crashes once, try it again without doing anything else. If it still crashes after having tried a couple of times, reboot Windows another time and try again running FSX.

- DO NOT run FSX in any of the "compatibility modes". Run it as default, which means no options are checked under the "Compability" tab for the FSX.EXE file

altena

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:49:05 am »
Hi Umberto,

Hope there is happening something for me (and maybe for others). A couple of things in your answer are not clear to me. but I'm learning everyday again) :'(
I have a contineous open Internet connection.
I have a program, called:setup_addonmanagerX.exe (looking at the properties it is version 2.7.0.0).
I have run it a couple of times. As far as I can see,when I run the program, it installs a bglmanx.dll, a couatl, and does something with virtual basic, and maybe more. Should it be in my controlpanel\programs list? Anyway it is not there. How exactly can I uninstall it?
Antivirus is not the problem, beleive me.
What I said in my previous post is really the truth: Installing PHNL gives me bglmanx.dll version 2,7,0,21; running the add-on manager gives me version 2,7,0,19.

Before going further, I think it's important to get the Stand-Alone Addon Manager somehow and install it in a proper way. Could you give me feed-back on this please.

Thanks and Regards,
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 08:12:44 pm »
I have a program, called:setup_addonmanagerX.exe (looking at the properties it is version 2.7.0.0).
I have run it a couple of times. As far as I can see,when I run the program, it installs a bglmanx.dll, a couatl, and does something with virtual basic, and maybe more.

Everything the installer does is correct. The Visual C++ runtimes installer is launched, but it's not sure that is doing anytying: if your system already has the runtimes installed, that step usually happens very fast, because it doens't install any new files.

Should it be in my controlpanel\programs list? Anyway it is not there. How exactly can I uninstall it?

It's there. Look better. If you install the Addon Manager using the Stand-Alone installer, it will appear as a separate entry on the Windows Control Panel, under "Virtuali Addon Manager X". And of course is Uninstalled from there, as with any other Windows program.

Antivirus is not the problem, beleive me. What I said in my previous post is really the truth: Installing PHNL gives me bglmanx.dll version 2,7,0,21; running the add-on manager gives me version 2,7,0,19.

This is just not possible both the scenery and the Stand-alone installers downloads the same .DLL from the same server, the same url, the same location.

If you end up with an older version using the Addon Manager installer, other than a problem with the internet connection (but you should have seen a message about this), it can only be a problem with the antivirus, that is blocking files to be updated.

Note that, IS NOT ENOUGH to specify the C:\FSXfolder\bglmanx.dll exclusion in the A/V program. This is needed, but is not the only thing. If the antivirus is interfering, you ALSO need to TURN IT OFF, entirely, when installing becase, during the installation, the file is first downloaded to a temporary folder, and then it's copied to FSX so, if the antivirus believes that .DLL is a threat, it will block it in the temporary folder, before it gets copied to FSX so, the exclusion will not be in effect. That's why we always said to turn off the antivirus before installing.

Before going further, I think it's important to get the Stand-Alone Addon Manager somehow and install it in a proper way. Could you give me feed-back on this please.

The only "proper" way, is to be sure your internet connection is on, no firewalls are blocking online access to the installer, no antivirus are preventing the files to be updated and copied to FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 09:05:46 pm »
Just to be 100% sure: I've tried installing PHNL and the Stand-Alone Addon Manager now, and they both get with the current version of bglmanx.dll, which is 2.0.0.21 now.

altena

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »
Hello Umberto,
Maybe you noticed, that we aloso have a discussion, posted in the ZurichX forum. I will surely not forget that post and answer (the YouTube video, really has frustated me). Perhaps it's perhaps good to continue here further for this moment and I hope it wil clear something to me.
First, I would like to explain something about my computer: I have 3 harddisks: On the first, I have installed Win7Pro 64 bit. This harddisk is used for internet-surfing, mails and other programs and has Kaspersky2010 installed also. On the second harddisk, I installed Win7Pro 64 too (so I have Multiple boot). The second harddisk is exclusively used for installing FSX and FSX add-ons (lots of them). FSX and those add-ons are installed on the 3rd hard-disk.
You mentioned, that my problems could be caused by other add-ons( in the Zurich post). That's why I deceided to install FSX (and sp1,2) also on my first harddisk  and then I installed FSDT Zurich as the only add-on. No others as for now.
After the first runs of FSX, I went through the questions about bglmanx (version 2,7,0,21) and crashes (no surprise for me anymore, simply hold on, starting FSX again or reboot first).
After a few times FSX was loading without CTD. However, I got this message about the Couatl Scripting Engine and to install the latest Stand alone manager.
From then, I followed your advice, as posted above:
I uninstalled the Virtuali Addon manager (I found it, looked not good the first time!), did not uninstall ZurichX
I looked for the bglmanx.dll and dat files in the FSX directory (they were not there anymore
I looked for the Couatl directory in FSX\Dreamteam directory ( was not there anymore)
I deleted the entries in the FSX-cfg file
After that , I rebooted Windows
I disabled Kasperky AV
I run the stand alone manager again
Since then, after starting FSX, I get the message about the Couatl Engine again and again, rebooting brings nothing
Is there a solution for this
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 05:52:46 pm »
Since then, after starting FSX, I get the message about the Couatl Engine again and again, rebooting brings nothing

What message ?

altena

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 06:14:48 pm »
Message is:
"Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an error while loading ZurichX (one or more files may be outdated or corrupted).
Installing the latest Stand alone Manager should fix this problem"
Perhaps I should tell you that I had disabled my Kasperski during all the time. Never had any problems with Kasperski and bglmanx.dll btw.
Please look also in my next post.

Regards,
Henk

altena

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 06:22:02 pm »
Umberto,

What I did after this was (Kasperski AV disabled)
I uninstalled ZurichX
Rebooted Windows
Installed ZurichX again.
Started FSX and got the same message (Couatle Engine ...................)
Then I installed Honolulu (PHNL) and update.
Started FSX again and guess what: No problem anymore.
Really don't understand, since you told that every airport has the same couatl installed.

Anyway the next thing, I will do is: Install the PMDG MD-11 and make a flight from Frankfurt (FSX default airport) to Zurich and look what happens.
I will report back (can't stand this YouTube video), and must get the same result!!!
Thanks, Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 09:42:35 pm »
"Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an error while loading ZurichX (one or more files may be outdated or corrupted).
Installing the latest Stand alone Manager should fix this problem"

This is not an antivirus problem, it's because you are using an old version of the installer. Only the .DLL file is taken online so it's always updated,  but if your installer is too old, it might not be enough, and you need to download again the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, not just run it to get the auto-update.

altena

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 11:14:11 pm »
Where can I download the new one?
Is www.mediafire.com the place? There was a post in the General discussion forum where you gave someone this link. Anyway there I downloaded version 2,7,0,21. Hope it's the right one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 01:17:43 pm »
Where can I download the new one?

There's a link to it on each and every page of each product.

Is www.mediafire.com the place? There was a post in the General discussion forum where you gave someone this link. Anyway there I downloaded version 2,7,0,21. Hope it's the right one.

That link was give as a backup alternative, because that specific user was behind a proxy and couldn't access our website, but the program it's exactly the same.

altena

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 03:34:03 pm »
Finally, I managed to get everything installed without messages anymore. Thanks for the kelp. Anyway my standalone manager was indeed the old one. This was the reason for all trouble. Furthermore I downloaded Zurich again and noticed that it was a new version also (1.5.2).
After installing subsequently Geneva, JFK, O'Hara, Las Vegas and Ft Lauderdale, and running FSX after each install, I got a message about the Couatl. This was OK, after running again the (new) Standalone manager. So, I guess, I have to redownload those airports also again.
So, I lot of frustration, only because of the (old) standalone manager).
You said, that there is a download link to every page of each product. Do you mean at the FSDT forum pages, or at the FSDT product site?
Maybe, it could be possible to supply us with information about new updates and put this at the top of the General Discussions.

Anyway, it works now, so anyway for me our discussion in this thread has come to a solution.
I will continue my experiments with PMDG and Zurich in the ZurichX forum and report there.

Thanks again for all support.
Henk